fuel cap not popping open.

chrisniss91

When i bought the car i knew of this problem but its annoying me now, I have to open the boot and pull the cord/wire to pop open the flap. Today i looked and my gf pressed the lever by the side of the car and the wire does move so its still all connected up, but what ever it is, its not poping it open or holding it shut when you try to close it.
any ideas?

JIMMYBACK

there should be a metal spring clip that pushes the door open when you pull the lever, is that still there? it a separate item. is it still there

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Does the cable need to be adjusted?
I'm just guessing, but if it seems like everything is there and it just doesn't move enough to release the flap, then maybe there's too much play in it.

ChrisS

there should be a metal spring clip that pushes the door open when you pull the lever, is that still there? it a separate item. is it still there
It will be this spring thats missing, had the same problem on mine. The cable pulls a catch like what you have on a normal house door. However, the flap will not spring open unless the spring clip is on near the hinge. If you get someone to hold the release lever in release and then use something to leaver the the flap it should open. then you will be able to see if the spring clip is there or not. Id imagine bob will have some in stock if it is missing.

JIMMYBACK

Jesus my English is getting worse but like i said before the metal spring must be missing double check it chris

nex

hahah mine is like this - glad to know im not the only one who looks a twit opening the boot to get petrol in!