Front mount query

R

ROSSGTIR

for the price though i thought it was a bit of a bargain, itll do the job though wont it far better than the standard interwarmer lol

stugtir

i agree go with what people on here have used, forge,pace etc i have a r33gtr front mount and by the time i bought the pipe work silicone hoses etc it cost about 380quid so this could be a cheaper option for u :)

stu

O

Odin

I have one of these as you know mate and to me it looks very well made :wink: , I'v had the forge cooler and one of these side by side
and if anything the hybrid coller looks better made at least they have made an effort to curve the end tanks unlike forge.

And if you lot of no brainer's think the forge kit is so great :? :roll: It's about time you opened your eye's a bit, How can a kit made up by 90% samco hoses be any good to man or beast :? :?: .

My new kit come's with the exact same cooler as the one i'm selling but just has the pipe work too.

rob

M

Mr Overboooost

it just goes to show how little some people know about intercoolers .

well said rob :wink:

cheers
gary

T

Toady

I think it looks good, can they prove the pressure tests tho?

Some(geek)one on the sidc did an equation to find out the boost losses in flex from silicone hoses compared to hard pipe kits and apparently its marginal! :? dunno if he's an einstein or not tho!lol! :lol:
personally id rather have a hard pipe kit- as short as poss- with as little harsh corners as poss!...but i have an engine to rebuild before i bother playing with front mounts!heh heh! :lol: :twisted:

turblio

It will not make any difference to the boost levels we run but it might to a 1500bhp Dragster you would be better off worrrying about the nasty turbo
elbow restriction than a bit of samco hose thank you ladies and gents :p
Frank flow expert

C

chrislloydus

vpulsar said:
How can a kit made up by 90% samco hoses be any good to man or beast :? :?: .
do you even know what you're talking about :roll:

Expansion of Samco hosing is marginal even at high boost pressures. You are barking up the wrong tree. You are MUCH more likely to lose power (and heat up the charge) on cut n' shut pipework than whatever you are on a samco hose that expands 1 micron under boost . No-one offers a mandrel bend 60mm pipework solution which is the ideal, and until then Samco is the cost effective alternative.

O

Odin

chrislloydus said:
do you even know what you're talking about :roll:

Expansion of Samco hosing is marginal even at high boost pressures. You are barking up the wrong tree. You are MUCH more likely to lose power (and heat up the charge) on cut n' shut pipework than whatever you are on a samco hose that expands 1 micron under boost . No-one offers a mandrel bend 60mm pipework solution which is the ideal, and until then Samco is the cost effective alternative.
what do you know about my car ?:roll: :evil: .

The main reason I changed was because the samco's in the forge kit where getting crushed by my new rad

Also I have just got a 65mm pipework kit that has all mandrel bent pipe's,
So your wrong again matey.

rob

C

chrislloydus

Re-read your post. :roll:

You're slating a kit that only doesn't work on YOUR car. How can you justify saying its 'no good to man nor beast' when it blatently is ?

.....and there are no off the shelf kits available with mandrel pipe as stock. You have to get it made specially. UNTIL THEN Samco is a fantastic alternative, just dont be so blinkered as to not see it :roll:

turblio

Sorry to spoil the party but I also have a kit the same as V's with all pipes mandrel bent not welded or cut, they are out there :wink: and the
piping is chromed too!
Frank

O

Odin

What are you stuck up forge's bum or something :?: , I still think the kit is total rubbish matey, the cooler end tanks are pant's the samco's get crushed all over the place, you cant change your headlight bulb with out takeing the hole thing out first. They've made it far to exspensive because there to bone idle to make up the proper pipework :roll: .

Is that enuff for you or shall I go on a bit more :?: .

And what is this then :roll: :?: .

http://forum.gtiroc.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=20409&start=30

Well they look pretty much mandrel bent to me matey.

half way down page 3
rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Blatant insults removed from several posts, because it's Christmas. If you don't like it tough. :evil: