front mount oil cooler pics

cmng

wondering

will oil pressure drop after the oil cooler installed ?
or no effect at all ??

thanks

Shaun

:D No pre-filling,just let it fill it's self :!: Mine's been on for about 4 month's now(all though in a different place),and no oil pressure problems :D

NISR227

What immediate effect have you seen on the oil temp when running hard (on the road) with such an oil cooler?
Is it reduced by about say 10c ?

coxie

i fitted one behind the drivers brake duct about three months ago.before fitting it riunning 1.2bar i could see about 100-110 degrees temp. :shock:

with it fitted i have never seen more than 85 degrees temp and thats running 1.3 bar on a harder working turbo. 8)

i think mine is a 16row cooler aswell 8)

D

duey

yeah coxie youve hit the nail right on the head mate,mine used to go up to 100 degrees etc when i was blatting it,it now never goes above 85,well worth fiiting one imho! 8)

Keira

duey said:
it now never goes above 85,well worth fiiting one imho! 8)
you're not trying hard enough then :wink:

occasionally get mine to 100 but i've got to be going some :shock: Thats with 16 row front mounted, might be time for an oil change actually :roll:

J

jasegould

Where did you get the oil cooler kits from, I want one for my GTR but the cheapest i can find is a HKS one for approx £700 :shock:

G

GAZ P

Someone on this list woz selling kits for about £100 but that woz about 3-4 years ago! I think I woz the first person to fit one behind the passenger side brake cooling duct & it has been no trouble.Oil temp normally 80 but rises to 110 after a hard track sesion.

F

flying postman

Shaun would it be possible to fit the oil cooler where Duey's kits on yours ?
Contemplating getting one just need to know if there would be enough space with the Radtec FMIC kit on the car

Shaun

:D Hi,Flying PostMan,yes mate,theres the same amount of room on both cars,as the Radtech intercooler replaces the standard rad :!: The only reason i didnt fit mine there was because i didnt want the intercooler to suffer from secondery heat :!: I.e if the oilcooler is at 85deg's then the air flowing through it is going to carry that heat onto the intercooler :shock: So i fit mine in the driverside brakeduct 8) Also mines a 16row cooler and Duey's is a 13row cooler :!:

F

flying postman

thanks alot m8 only just seen this post :oops: only reason for that is that i have lights where the brake ducts are :shock:
Might consider taking them out if it is gonna cause a problem with the cooling