Front lower arms advice

steve963

took of the front lower arms to polybush, as car pulls to the left but not under power:doh:

noticed the back rubber bush is impossible to turn is this normal, dont think this one can be replaced either. Wondering if I should buy a complete arm?

also ball joints are quite easy to move, guess i should replace while its off and maybe drop links also as they can be moved quite easily

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes - those bushes won't move; I had to cut mine off and smash the new ones on with a mallet.

steve963

didnt mean the front ones although thanks for the fitting tips!

its the back ones, do they wear out, as mine dont turn by hand, obviously they must move when on the car or id have no suspension!

Animaldaz

The back ones are pressed on so they wont turn very easily, they are different to poly replacements which will allow the arm to move inside it.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No, I meant the rear bushes.

I got new wishbones, but it's cheaper to buy standard Sunny ones and polybushes than it is to buy the GTi-R specific ones. However, they are pressed-on as you say, and need to be cut off so that the new polybushes can go on... which I had to install with a mallet because mine were just as tight as the original bushes (but they sit right and move freely-enough when the wishbone is bolted-up).

steve963

had to burn them out! then hacksaw the inner ring before i could knock it out, marked up the inside surface a bit, but filed it down smooth

cleaned up the lower arms a bit and they are like new! thats some tuff jap paint

steve963

No, I meant the rear bushes.

I got new wishbones, but it's cheaper to buy standard Sunny ones and polybushes than it is to buy the GTi-R specific ones. However, they are pressed-on as you say, and need to be cut off so that the new polybushes can go on... which I had to install with a mallet because mine were just as tight as the original bushes (but they sit right and move freely-enough when the wishbone is bolted-up).
didnt know you could get a poly bush for the rear! wasnt listed when i checked