Forged pistons

G

gagge

Hello, looking for forged pistons and I want a direct fit, which one of these three makes is the best one. Would need comments from people using them.

JE

Wiseco

CP

Which ones to go for, I am looking at 86,5mm or 87mm.

Thankful for all help.

A

Anonymous

is there such thing as direct fit aftermarket pistons?

i'm sure some work has to go on to the bore etc..

on the topic i just got some tomei 86.5's i'll be able to let u know how they go in a few weeks.

not that it will really show much as i guess its more a long term thing.

G

gagge

yeah offcourse there is work needed on the block but still.
I am only interested in those 3 brands. Anyone else tried anyone of them?

cheers

O

Odin

I have a nice set of caoted 87mm CP's sitting in the garage at the moment they do look very nice, And there smaller than a standard
piston so I can't see how n0b head :roll: ( Mr gtir ) say that they hit
the oil sq's because that's impossible if there smaller :wink: .

rob

G

gagge

vpulsar, please hurry up and fit these so I can get a definit OK for the CP ones...

G

gagge

fawk... must be other people on the forum who have tried JE, Wiseco or CPs in there pulsars... come on guys, need to know which ones to order...

Sweeny

Go for JE mate, ring norris designs and ask simon about them. Think he's a dealer for them.

Ive got them in mine, bit rattely on start up but fine after a few seconds.

G

gagge

Norris is expensive... Ive got good contact with the boys at JGY and Im getting good prices from them.

Just need to know which pistons will fit thats all.

Ive found a guy selling tomei pistons, waiting for his email, if not I will probably go for the JE ones.

Cheers

G

GAZ P

Y not try HKS or Apexi I think both do a set in 86mm which would only require minimal work to get the bore ready to fit.

G

gagge

The HKS ones are really expensive, I dont really think they are SO much better then the other forged pistons that it makes it worth almost twice the price.
Just my own opinion, nothing personal against HKS...

$

$ven

just brought my CP-pistons(86,5mm), awesome quality, pistons to the engine shop last week. Should have my engine back this week, and will let you know the details by then. They usually rebuild Aston Martins, lamborghini's and so on, so if they can't do it, it can't be done.

G

gagge

Thanks Sven. Let me know what kind of modification was needed to fit the pistons.

Cheers mate

Nad

gagge said:
Norris is expensive... Ive got good contact with the boys at JGY and Im getting good prices from them.
Glad u have as no one else seems to get any joy out of them and I just lost £30 on a refund due to bloody exchange rates :cry:

Nad

G

gagge

Yeah Ive heard people have had some problems but I have had good business relationsons with them

P

pschurr

Here in Melbourne, the builder doing my engine is using CP's but not in yet. He's still doing the head.

peter

D

DICKY

i got my je pistons from top end performance in the states £370 inc delivery.even done low invoice for customs :D