forge dumpvalve prob

GTIR-LOZ

right this is a bit weird but i am at a loss with what to do, i have the green spring in the dumpvalve and have had it on the car for about a year and its been great really lound noise at even low boost, but now thats all stopped :roll:
driving home yesterday it seemed the dumpvalve occasionally stuck open as i could hear the pressure leaking then it would kick in, but today it stopped working entirely, no noise at all
i stripped the dumpvalve down and all looked ok, so i cleaned it all and checked for any marks etc and put it back with the yellow spring in, still nothing not even on high boost, im running 1 bar just the chatter through the air filter
i stripped it down about five times cleaning it and checking the springs etc, then i looked at it on the car the vacuum seems to be good as its reading -15 on the gauge and the piston is pulled back but it still doesnt work put the green spring back in as i thought maybe the vacuum is a little weak there and it worked but it has a delay on the dumping????!!!!!!
its not as i lift off i have to wait for about a second longer than before until it works which means on quick gear changes it doesnt work, so i thought maybe the vacuum isntstrong enough there, but the guage says otherwise anyone got any ideas???

Stevo

might sound silly bu maybe the DV has a hair line crack in it??

When u change gear does ur boost drop to a - reading, then when u hit the gas it goes to a + reading???

Do u get a loud chatter when changing gear?

GTIR-LOZ

yep all of above, the chatter is the air hitting the turbo blades and coming out of the air filter i believe, everything is aas it was before except no noise

cheers for the pm matty i will get back to you on that one, maybe at the weekend if it dont fix it

GTIR-LOZ

ive sorted the prob thanks guys, was the piston sticking against the seals and not fully retracting, a bit of the old silicon spray and alls well again, actually sounds alot better then before now :p