forge dump valve?

S

str_motorsport

hi, i a like the forge dump valve and would like to buy one...what do you think about it?is it a good choice?i don't want a jap valve because too expensive...

S

str_motorsport

yes i mean the atmo one!!thanks
did you notice any increase in lag?

geetee

errrmm no. the opposite. that's the whole point.

it dumps the turbo pressure on gearchanges faster than the standard recirc valve so the turbo is spinning that little bit faster when you hit the gas in the next gear.

That's why I bought it... honest. :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Pete Watson

I also have the Forge Atmo Version, works very well and made a noticable difference over the std fitment. I used a Samoc 90 Elbow which is quite a bit shorter than the Nissan Hose, Samco do the exact size to suit our cars which works out very nice.

Cheers Pete

S

str_motorsport

hi mate, why did yoo replae the hose with a samco one?which is the right size?
thanks

Pete Watson

Hi,

I changed it because the OE item is too long and not that strong so you would need to support the DV with a tie or something. By changing to the Samco version you have a much shorter track and the hose is very sturdy so no need to tie it up, i have ran mine like this for a while now and have had no problems at all.

Hose requires is = RE90-35-32 which is 90 elbow with 35mm one end 32mm the other, RE means Reducing Elbow. Costs about £13.00

Cheers Pete

A

Anonymous

str_motorsport said:
I dunno if it was leaking or something, but when I removed my Bailey Evo DV after a year of driving with it, I actually noticed less lag/hesitation between gearchanges :)

Probably something to do with the momentary overfuelling caused by dumping a load of air that the ECU thought was in the intake system being dumped back into the atmosphere :rolleyes:

Plus it makes a cool CHA-CHA-Cha-cha-cha-cha noise now with no DV at all (the S13 doesn't have a std. recirc DV like the Pulsar does). Turbine stall is cool :D

How should a forge atmo dump valve sound...? I've played around with mine with all the different springs and found the green one too weak for anything over standard boost, but with the yellow or blue springs I don't get a proper dump ( :lol: I said dump) more of a flutter, and thats at 1.Bar. What does everyone else get?

G

GTI-R Kid

I used to get a nice dump ( :lol: ) using the yellow spring while running 0.9bar boost. Found the blue spring was too hard for peoper operation and it used flutter a bit with that one fitted.