for people that have removed their aircon(fanbelt)

O

Odin

Hi everybody I have found a new fanbelt for us owner's that have removed the aircon, My local autoparts found it for me :shock: when
I asked the if they could find one a little shorter than the 845 we all use
now. Now there's not much dif in size really as the new one is an 844
but I found the 845 didn't quite have enuff adjustment for me :( and I
could only get a 845 with 4 ribs the new one I have has 6 ribs the same
as are standard one so shouldn't suffer from slipping like the 845.

hear's the part number:

it's a FEDERAL MOGUL BELT

PART NUMBER (MVB844R6) IT ALSO HAS THIS OTHER NUMBER ON THE BOX(49-060844).

I hope this helps you all and maybe the mods will make this a sticky somewhere :D .

rob

A

AJ4

Nice one dude ! 8)

I had a problem with the 845 as well. It was fine for a couple of months, but it was adjusted right out to the maximum. After a couple of months the belt stretched and started squealing, couldn't get it any tighter. Got a 825 on there ( just ) and its fine now. Its only a thin belt though, the one you have sounds much better. Cheers !

Ross.

Sweeny

Tried gettin one of these today, but my local part places can get hold of an 844 6R belt, but its a 'GATES' one, anyone heard of gates :?: :oops: .

J

jiw

gates areprobably the best quality aftermarket belt supplier's for the automotive industry, their belts are top notch :D

Dooie Pop Pop

have got a gates 844 mm six rib belt in front of me :lol: purchased from a local a1 motorstore (uk)

its a micro v, p no' 68353 other number 6PK850

stu

Sweeny

jiw said:
gates areprobably the best quality aftermarket belt supplier's for the automotive industry, their belts are top notch :D
Cheers dude,

I'll get one tomorrow then :D .

S

Stoned

sturat said:
have got a gates 844 mm six rib belt in front of me :lol: purchased from a local a1 motorstore (uk)

its a micro v, p no' 68353 other number 6PK850

stu
Just to let people know I went and got this for my R and found it was just too big :(
It did fit but even on max tension it slipped and whined like a biatch

The belt I took it back and replaced it with was the same series of 68353 but the other number was 6PK838 which as it sounds is a 838mm belt instead of 850mm which is a little too long

With this fitted and tight the tensioner bolt is about halfway along the groove so it's ideal!

Hope that helps someone.

Oh and it was in stock on the shelf at my local motorfactors

ShayneG

After slackening all the adjusters off on the alternator I had a game fitting the 845 as it was a tight fit :!: But I would like to fit the six rib one as it's more closer to the original :p