FMIC pipework plz help !!!!!!!

F

flying postman

m8 is very interested in getting a R33 intercooler to put on his R problem is he doesnt know where to get the pipework done does anyone know where to go around the London area or slightly out from there

PLEASE HELP A DESPERATE R OWNER :oops: :cry:

REGARDS
MARCEL

P

PaulG

I had mine done at Totally Custom... just checked the dudes site, and sure enough he's put the pic i sent him up... 8) :lol:
http://www.totallycustom.co.uk/fabrication.html :oops:
It was the first one he did and have to say it's a top job with no prob's to report. I had already fitted the IC and relocated the washer and battery. He did me discount for a starting promo price, but can't see it being too much (200-250 :?: )... i had no prob's, he got me a car for overnight, sorted 8)

I have read one slightly negative report ref his time keeping but that's about it. :?

F

flying postman

Thanks alot for that :D
il get my mate to email them in the morning

A

Anonymous

I have a Greddy R33 FMIC on my 'R, i think antilag and mikey bodged it together. Dont have a camera at the moment so i can get any pics but i think you need a meter or 63mm hosing & a saw :shock:

F

flying postman

when u do get the chance get some piccies up please

A

AZ STE

Im doing the install at the moment. Ive cut the 80mm entry and exit pipes back square and rewelded.Then I had two 80mm to 60mm hose aluminium reducers made and welded to the intercooler.Proalloy will make pipework to your requirements and swage the ends you can also buy blue hose also :wink:

A

Anonymous

just finished fitting me 33` intercooler works a treat,bit of work to get it to fit behind the bumper just trial and error really
:D

Davey

Try and keep the samco's to a minimum,cos they're about 30 quid each,and you dont want it looking like a forge kit (joke).
Also, if you havent already got a strut brace, but want one in the future, get one before you fit the ic pipework, i didnt, and now i cant get a strut brace to fit :oops: :evil:
If you do the hot outlet similar to mine, (or a forge i guess?) you might have to move your oil separator thingy.
Also, if you keep the air con rad, you might have to move/modify the powersteering cooler, i just cut and bent mine straight, and fitted longer hoses to it.
And like Veilside said, there's not a lot of room behind the bumper, but it should just about fit :D
Good luck m8 :wink:

F

flying postman

Thanks peoples for all your help hope this helps him out il keep u posted on the progress when it all comes about

REGARDS
MARCEL

F

flying postman

By the way DAVEY how much did it cost u to get the job done and veilside how long did it take u to do and have u got any piccies of your job :D

A

Anonymous

i swear i replied to this post earlier!! ive used 63mm mild steel tube and samco joiners for now,the idea of that tubing was it was only 12 quid so im quite happy to chop it up for that kind of price.now ive got it all in ill get it made in ally or stainless.only thing i found with making your own pipe run is youve got to commit to doin it no half jobs!! oh and safety first i put meself in hospital i was sawing a bracket then sawed me finga :lol: :lol: :lol: wasnt funny at the time tho :cry:

F

flying postman

i know u replied it was piccies of your job i wanted to see sorry m8

A

Anonymous

no sorry mate i dint meen that,i replied this afternoon but it seems to of dissapeared!thats y i rote that post again strange!!?????

Davey

most of the pipe work came with the greddy r33 kit, i chopped and welded it, and added a few bits of straight pipe that i pinched off mikey :wink:
the welding cost me a bottle of whiskey, cos my brother was owed a favour, dunno how much it would cost otherwise, although if you do all the cutting and work out exactlly how/where to weld it, i shouldnt think it would be too dear (for cash :wink: )
btw, you could probably do a better pipe run than mine, i did it like that to avoid the a/c piping