FMIC identity

C

Chi-town

crap...i meant FMIC instead of TMIC(fixed). its a 100mm depth core if that helps ID it.

A

AJ4

The core looks very much like a forge ( but without the forge logo ), not sure about the pipe work, looks custom ( and pretty 8) )

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Unless it's the picture, it looks slightly different to my Forge one. Mine goes flat vertically where the outlet hose is, that one seems to continue into a point.

J

jimmy

looks identical to the ones we sell , although we can supply them with various size cores , the pipings polished aluminium and the silicone and connections come with the kit.

C

Chi-town

Re: ...

hmmm said:
What's a Forge Hi-Flow? I thought Forge only made one type of Intercooler :?.
i also couldnt find the Hi-Flow on the Forge website

Simmo

Dunno guys, thats just what it says on the invoice. It cost the same as the one on the website (http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0013&product=FMINTGTI) and apparently is good for upto 500bhp although I've heard differently from other members.

This is the reply email I got from Forge when I quizzed them about it:

Andy

The highest application that we are aware of is a 500 bhp + Gtir race car , it runs with no issues.

The flow rate will be dependent on what other comment parts you are using to generate the air flow

I hope this helps

Regards

Forge Motorsport
www.forgemotorsport.co.uk
www.forgemotorsport.com (USA)
E mail @forgemotorsport.co.uk

hmmm

Maybe the one Forge sell is a Hi-Flow version. But then why does it look different to Fast Guy's one. AFAIK, he has a Forge too :?.

Does the one shown in the pic look exactly like your one Simmo?

Simmo

Edited to remove photo as it was too big... [Simmo]

sorry if its a tad large, photo not that good either..

C

Chi-town

hmmm said:
Does it require any mods to fit?
i.e mover washer bottle, cut bumper bar etc...?
i ordered one from SSautoChrome so i should be able to give that info soon...i dont know if anyone else has fitted this kit before? if so i would also like to know