flares

P

pyrotecnic

does anyone know where I can get them from. Was doing a firework display last weekend and got carried away. The owner of the company now wants to buy loads.

K

KRS

:shock: :lol:

Are they not like super rare and worth a million pound?

:lol:

P

pyrotecnic

not sure to be honest but if I can get a box the company I work for will legally be able to sell them due to them only being cat 3 approved. Does anbody know if nissan sell them or is that a long shot. Can get hold of most others that are more dangerous but these are a knightmare to find.

D

DOT2DOT

Sorry I think i missed something, but why in the name of god would nissan sell flares??? :?

OZ-Racing

DOT2DOT said:
Sorry I think i missed something, but why in the name of god would nissan sell flares??? :?
He doesn't mean the trousers with REALLY wide bits at the bottom of the legs :wink: :lol: :lol:

If you look in the passenger footwell, there is a little 'C' clip, I think that's where Nissan put the emergency flare. Most are removed when the car is imported.

SunOnGTiR

DOT2DOT said:
In the UK,we use 'warning triangles'.
What do the crazy japs use :?:
Flares :!:

D

DOT2DOT

Oh ok. Whats a crap idea. Why not just nail a catherine wheel to the bootlid! lol

N

norbx

lol a catherine wheel? imagione having to hold one of those damn things and it's spinnin around in ur hand off a nail? bit dangerous..but so if a flare if you use it wrong.

C

curiouscheri

Walmart!?? It seems that they sell everything there. :lol:

P

pyrotecnic

good idea with the cathrine wheel strap it to the spoiler. Even better you can remove the boot and fill the back of the car with rockets and light them all at once and see what speed you can get down the strip. The only problem i can see is at the end when the rockets blow up. Would be a good laugh in a car from a scrappy though.

D

DOT2DOT

Heard a tale a while back about a guy in the US who got his hands on one of the rockets that they use on C180 Hercules for short take-offs. He strapped it onto his pick-up truck and went for a speed record. Apparently he hit a few hundred miles an hour before his truck actually took off and went straight into a cliff face! Needless to say there wasnt much left of his pickup or him.

J

jpward

DOT2DOT said:
pulsars come with a flare on the abs casing mate nice wee red one look at the oz site and you'll get pics of it!

K

KRS

Heard a tale a while back about a guy in the US who got his hands on one of the rockets that they use on C180 Hercules for short take-offs. He strapped it onto his pick-up truck and went for a speed record. Apparently he hit a few hundred miles an hour before his truck actually took off and went straight into a cliff face! Needless to say there wasnt much left of his pickup or him.
Thats an old Internet tail and completely untrue ;)

F

fozzy200sx

dot2dot that has been going around for YEARS pal it was proved as just another urban myth