fitting air con?

mohsan

my car came with no air con,and i was wondering whether i could get this put in,as i know someone who is breaking a r with air con,is this easily done? should i bother? what would i exactly need? thanks and by the way my r is a uk spec if that makes a difference

C

charlie

presumably a lot of wiring and servos- uk cars used cable to control everything i think whereas j-spec cars had servos/motors to move air diverters etc.

Thats just the start- you have to mount and fit up the compressor, air con rad, that funny round silvery thing (condenser?) near the battery (i'm no a/c engineer huh?) run pipes through the bulkead, fit various relays, wire up compressor. If your donor car has full climate control theres also various temp/sunlight sensors around the car too.

I would like to think the loom is there. But i doubt it is :( all in all, it sounds an awful job!

Stevo

dont bother if it breaks which it will. ur be paying anarm and a leg to repair it.

Plus it slows ur car down ;)

Websnowbo

You would need sooooo many parts wouldn't be worth it, you have to fit a Pulsar loom i imagine too (Or splice the AC loom out of it)

A

Anonymous

I wouldent mind having air con in my R too, Mines UK spec, pretty basic to the jap specs. But the amount of work you would have to do it hardley seems worth it.. :?

It's supossed to weigh lots to i thought! :?:

J

jiw

i have just ripped mine out and shot it in the bin, it just takes up room in the bay :lol:

J

J-GTi-R

Ahhh if only I'd known. Mike took out my aircon when he did my clutch, you could have had everything (I think he just binned it).