FAULT 34 (Solved)

N

NEIL R

Hi all

My R is missfireing so done a check and got 34 det sensor.

I did a search and all say there car went to safe mode but mine is still running 1bar so as it gone into safe mode or not.

If the det sensor is not broke and the timing is ok what else should i check.

Ive change the fuel filter rotar arm dizzy cap and cleaned the plugs also it has a hiteq fuel pump.

Any help would be great as me and coxie are taking it apart tomorrow swapping parts over. :roll:

J

J-GTi-R

Have you got any kind of boost controller to get to 1 bar? Most electronic controllers bypass the standard boost solenoid, so when the car goes into safe mode, it will still over-fuel massively (hence the misfiring) but it won't cut the boost.

N

NEIL R

I use a blled valve and the solenoid is bypassed so that ansers that.

And it only misfires after about 5 mins of running funs fine for first 5mins when cold.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Does it feel and slower when it's in safe mode?
According to the manual it retards the ignition timing which will cut your power.

N

NEIL R

Yes it does.

I just closed the bleed valve so know i got standard boost and know misfire but still get fault 34.

N

NEIL R

Ok

After doing lost of reading on the forum i have to ask the following as there seams alot of diffrent theories about it.

The det sensor pick up det when working there for if det is found it back the timing off to protect its self but this will not make it show fault 34 :?:

If the det sensor is not working it thinks it picks up det there for backs the timeing off and shows fault 34 therefor the det sensor is brocken.

Please correct me if im wrong as £186.00 is alot to waist if it is not that.

A

AJ4

If the det sensor is working and finds the engine detting - it will retard the ignition but NOT show a fault code.

If the Det sensor is broken, ie the ecu self check function on it fails because it is short circuited or reading the wrong resistance, it will put the Ecu in limp home mode and show a fault code.

kyepan

just caught up with the thread, i had exactly the same symptoms. and getting a new det sensor fixed it.

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

on the back of the engine block in the middle, right at the top just under the inlet manifold 8)

N

NEIL R

Took the sensor of today what a b**ch.

Ordered new one from nissan but the plug is cracked i think this is what caused the problem however i will fit the new sensor anyway.

Any ideas were i would get a new plug as nissan say you need to replace the loom as they dont sell the plugs :?

GTIR-LOZ

sometimes you can get a pert number of the plug itself nissan may well sell the plug but may not be listed on the det circuit screen on their comp, the plug may well be used with something else and therefore attainable