FAO 16" OZ Super Leggera owners

GTiRlover

Is anybody running these wheels with 4 pot calipers and 310mm discs or larger? If you are what calipers are you using?

Thanks

Trip

Althought the diameter might be too small, the most clearance issues are down to the offset of the wheels and not the diamater. Also, the spoke design

The calipers hit the spokes that is.

GTiRlover

Are you saying that the diameter of a 16" wheel won't accept a 310mm disc and 4 pot caliper? I agree with what you say about the offset of the wheel, spoke design and clearance issues. I had big trouble getting my 17" wheels to fit over my brakes and even with a 10mm spacer there is only the smallest of gaps between the spokes and caliper. This is due in part to the design of the wheel in which the spokes are offset into the wheel..

However I understand the Super Leggeras have lots of clearance which is why I am looking into changing wheel design and size. I had a set of 16" Super Leggeras on my old car with HiSpec Billet 4 calipers and 285mm discs and they had lots of space to spare so I'm hoping the additional 25mm discs size won't be a problem..

Tim

I run 16" team dynamics pro race 1's with my 310mm wilwoods and there is bags of room.

Mr GTiR

Do a search and you shall find as this question has been asked a million times before.

I've 16" Super Leggera's and Willwood 4 pots and 310mm discs. Fit no problem
Not bengilmore car but mine from years ago on 16" Super Leggera's and Willwood 4 pots with 310mm disc's.

GTiRlover

Trip- I have read the same. I think that ws using a Compomotive MO wheel...

Tim- Thanks for the pic shows good clearance between the outside caliper edge and the inside of the wheel.

bengilmore- Thanks for the reply!

Mr GTiR- I did find those pistures actually a little after I posted whilst searching for something else. I'm glad the wheel will accept a 310mm disc.

And now for my next question, who has 16" Super Leggeras over an AP 4 pot caliper, more specifically a CP5100 caliper again with 310mm discs?

MarkTurbo

I've seen the 310mm wilwoods under 15" rota slipstreams ;-)

And now for my next question, who has 16" Super Leggeras over an AP 4 pot caliper, more specifically a CP5100 caliper again with 310mm discs?
I'd imagine the AP caliper will be better for clearance than the wilwoods, i'm using 330mm AP's (not cp5100 caliper though) and they fit under 16" compomotives with loads of room to spare ;-)

If you can find a drawing of the wilwood caliper you could compare it with the dimensions of the cp5100 here:

http://www.apracing.com/drawings/cp5100_1cd.pdf

paz

I had to buy 17 inch wheels to fit over my brakes.

I've got brembos and 310mm discs, my 16 inch supertourismos caught on the weights.

Paz

GTiRlover

Thanks for the link to the AP drawing MarkTurbo. I'll see if I can find a similar pic for the Wilwood caliper, failing that I'll call Wilwood and ask them for the dimensions. I'm surprised you have lots of room with a 330mm discs under 16's. How does your caliper compare in size to a CP5100? The clearance between the spokes of my wheels and caliper face is minimal at best.

Trip- Thats good going. I need a 10mm spacer with my brakes and 17's!

MrGTiR- I think a few have AP's, I just hope they read this thread!

paz- I was told that the Brembos were a large caliper when buying my brakes. God knows how I would have faired had I bought Brembos with my wheels, either monster spacers or like you a change of wheel..

paz

Yeah it was a ballache, couldn't be arsed nmessing about with spacers, so new wheels it wa s lol.

Hope you get it sorted fella

Mr GTiR

Yeah it was a ballache, couldn't be arsed nmessing about with spacers, so new wheels it wa s lol.

Hope you get it sorted fella
Talking of wheels, when do I get mien back or have your sold it on Ebay? :lol:

MarkTurbo

I'm surprised you have lots of room with a 330mm discs under 16's. How does your caliper compare in size to a CP5100?.
I'd say they were pretty similar dimensions. I'm using a cp3720 caliper, cant find the drawing on the AP site at the moment though. Theres enough room to go upto 343mm discs under my wheels :lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Where those the ones we talked about? :lol:

I've ruled them out now as the weight benefit is negligble if not worse and I know they fit my front brake setup. Andy F was telling me of his problems recently when changing wheels so I reckon the path of least resistance is a wheel refurb.