Fail MOT on . . .

ShayneG

Can you fail your MOT on the exhaust blowing :?:
coz Power$tation have told me mines blowing from the manifold as the gaskets gone and that the engines gotta come out to fix it :?

if so I'm buggered coz MOT's up today and I can't afford for the engine to come out just yet :shock:

Moved to Regular Servicing - FAST GUY

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It could, but the mot manual does give a little leway if it's a small blow.
I don't think anyone has taken the engine out to fix the manifold gasket, have they? :shock:

ShayneG

I really can't see how the engines gotta come out but when a reputable company tells u so then what do u do :roll:

It is blowing rather loudly :(

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
ShayneG said:
but when a reputable company tells u so then what do u do :roll:

It is blowing rather loudly :(
You do exactly what you did, ask on here.

It'll fail then if it's loud.

E

Edd

as you live in redditch i might be interested in fixing it for you for some £££ :roll:

engine out my arse :evil:

E

Edd

and it should pass an MOT....if your sturggling my mate might be able to MOT it for you :shock:

C

Crazy

Same problem I have at the moment :(

I am sure that the engine does not have to come out :wink:

PowerStation changed mine about 4-5 months ago when they fitted my MD214 rollerbearing turbo and the engine did not have to come out :)

Edd wrote:
as you live in redditch i might be interested in fixing it for you for some £££

How much and when can you do mine mate :?: :?: :wink:

PLEASE :!:

K

KRS

Engine Out!!!

No way! It was the first job I ever did to my R, Theres one annoying bolt thats hard to get tight, but apart from that, If you can use a spanner, try it yourself!

I remove the radiator, fans & Turbo to intercooler pipes to get to the manifold easy.

T

Tart

Powerstation wouldn't take the lump out. My mates r had that and its a long job cause they take the turbo out but not the lump!!! did u hear them correctly??? He had his done at powerstation!!!!

cojack

There is no way in the world u have to take the engine out it is a doddle. and yes the car can fail a mot if exhurst is blowing only if shows up on the gas test :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
cojack said:
There is no way in the world u have to take the engine out it is a doddle. and yes the car can fail a mot if exhurst is blowing only if shows up on the gas test :D
They can fail you for an excessive leak, it doesn't have to show up on the gas test as I have failed before on leaks from the manifold area and it passed the co test at the time :(

Mr GTiR

to take a manifold and turbo off the car should take no longer than 1 1/2hrs. If your good then 1 hour :wink:

Edd, over to you :p

Stevo

i had mine done with engine in car, just take rad out and u can get turbo out.
dont listen to them about engine out job its bollocks.

E

Edd

Mr GTiR said:
If your good then 1 hour :wink:

Edd, over to you :p
19 minutes is my record so far thankyou very much :wink: :lol:

and thanks for ringing me on saturday :roll: :roll:

P

purplemonster

i am an mot tester :)

and if it is a very small leak then it should pass ,if it affect emisions it will def fail

most exhast leaks will affect the emmsions in some way shap or form