vpulsar
sunongti-r
Boooooost

We need 2 more

SunOnGTiR

stevepudney said:
sunongti-r said:
Hello SteveP,
Just a quick question,these bearings are definitely better than the the bearings in the bumpsteer kit?
Because when i had the P.S. bumpsteer kit,it lasted about a year/3-4000 miles?
PLUS,I had to change to a pair of original track end rods BECAUSE there was too much 'play' SO the R couldn't pass the MOT.
I still have the P.S.'bump steer' kit in my boot.
The bearings can be replaced on this kit,yes?
If,yes then put my name down,please.
PM your details,thanks :wink:
Yes :wink:

and just to let you know these bearings are reserved at the suppliers and are ready for dispatch.
Thanks,SteveP :wink:
Let's hope these bearings last longer than the ones that were fitted by PS.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Bump.

Come on guys only a couple more needed.

I'll be closing this buy on Tuesday 30th so we can all get on.

Those of you that haven't already I'll pm all those concerned my address to post the payment.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
OK, becuase I'm an impatient old bugger and I can't be bothered to wait any longer I'm calling and end to this group buy.

To date we have the 9 people below wanting these rod ends and thats enough. I've just spoken to my supplier and confirmed we still get the discounted price and thats OK as well.

stevepudney
AshBhp = PAID
Dooie Pop Pop = PAID
Jobi Joba = PAID
COXIE = DROPPED OUT
Dooie Pop Pop = PAID
kieron
vpulsar
sunongti-r
Boooooost = PAID

I will send each one of you a PM with the details you need to know.

Any problems please let me know.

O

Odin

Dooie Pop Pop said:
thats what i like to see a nice, quick group buy completed in under 12 months :p

gor bless you guvna! :wink:

Don't hold you breath fella you haven't got the bits yet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

S

stuart rawlinson

steve

Ill give daz davies ( ice man) a ring 2mox as he's got a old set still fitted and mite want a set

hes at work all the time so dont read the list alot

Stu

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
No, it's not to late, the more the merrier !!!

You still got time to send in a cheque. Paying via cheque is the only way.

If you want in then you must let me know on here first, I'll then send those interested a PM with the payment details.

I would hope I have received a cheque from all people involved in this group buy on or before Monday 5th. Thats given all people plenty of time and it's when I want to go to the bank to pay the cheques in.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
JUST TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WHO'S PAID UP

stevepudney = PAID
AshBhp = PAID
Jobi Joba = PAID
COXIE = DROPPED OUT
Dooie Pop Pop = PAID
kieron = PAID
vpulsar = PAID
sunongti-r = PAID
Boooooost = PAID
Zia = PAID

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
OK all paid up, I'll be paying in the cheques on Monday 12th and, all being well, issue and post the cheque to my supplier on Friday 16th. I'm not sure if he's going to wait for the funds to clear but even if he doesn't I should have the rod ends by the end of the following week, I will post them all out to the supplied addresses on the day they arrive.

Dooie Pop Pop

stevepudney said:
JUST TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WHO'S PAID UP

stevepudney = PAID
AshBhp = PAID
Jobi Joba = PAID
COXIE = DROPPED OUT
Dooie Pop Pop = PAID
kieron = PAID
vpulsar = PAID
sunongti-r = PAID
Boooooost = PAID
Zia = PAID
weeeeeeeeeeeee i get two sets :lol:

Oh no you don't !! lol :wink:

kyepan

what is the part number and i will see if i can get cheaper for them.. as when dad and i discussed this he said he could get the rose joints for around 25 quid.

Jobi Joba

stevepudney said:
OK all paid up, I'll be paying in the cheques on Monday 12th and, all being well, issue and post the cheque to my supplier on Friday 16th. I'm not sure if he's going to wait for the funds to clear but even if he doesn't I should have the rod ends by the end of the following week, I will post them all out to the supplied addresses on the day they arrive.
:!:

I thought you would send the money by mid of next week and that rod ends would be delivered by mid of the following week... :?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
kyepan said:
what is the part number and i will see if i can get cheaper for them.. as when dad and i discussed this he said he could get the rose joints for around 25 quid.
£25 + 17.5% vat = £29.38 x 2 = £58.76 + £10 delivery = £68.76 is that so different to the ones I've sourced ???

Sometimes I don't know why I bother :?

Have you actually read the start of this thread ???

Pay particular attention to the part about, if you have this mod and use these bearings you must consider them a service item as they will not last as long as the factory ones.

Rose or NMB Bearings is a trade/Company (like Hoover is to vacuum cleaners) name and they are almost definitely the best bearings of there type in the world, there used by all the top race teams, F1, WRC e.tc. but Rose ( NMB ) make very few metric sizes and nothing in the size we need. The problem is the M14 x 1.5 thread on the end of the R's track rods.

I did already do about 2 weeks extensive searching for these bearings and the only other ones of this quality by any manufacturer are about £65 each. This particular bearing has just started being manufactured and we have a 10 pairs out of 40 that have ever been made.
What I'm saying is, if you make the whole kit (threaded sleeve, tapered bolt & nuts etc) again you could make it so you have the sleeve with a M14 metric end and 5/8" end, that way you can use an excellent quality Rose or NMB bearing that would possibly last alot longer BUT it would cost you £65 + each for the bearings alone.

If you think you can find better quality for the money then you go right ahead and fill your boots matey.