Exhuasting!!

A

Aj82

Hi folks, im new but looking for some advice. Im looking to av the tailpipe mount in front of the nearside front wheel, as i kno has bin dun many times before, but my prob is i got an ASBO for the straight thro system i had on my colt an was wonderin what options are available to make it quieter?? Im guessin that a normal silencer would b out of the question due to the short pipe distance. I believe lou rob has a similar system, how loud is it?:doh: :doh:

antgtir

Aj82 said:
Hi folks, im new but looking for some advice. Im looking to av the tailpipe mount in front of the nearside front wheel, as i kno has bin dun many times before, but my prob is i got an ASBO for the straight thro system i had on my colt an was wonderin what options are available to make it quieter?? Im guessin that a normal silencer would b out of the question due to the short pipe distance. I believe lou rob has a similar system, how loud is it?:doh: :doh:

Is it worth taking the risk?:?

Ant.

O

Odin

Aj82 said:
i got an ASBO for the straight thru system i had on my colt
So you sound like your a really popular considerate person loved by all your neighbors :roll: , WTF would you want fit something like this to a road car ? :? , Do you think it will make it faster or is it for more brownie points down the local chav cruise :roll: .

I'm trying to tone my down so that I don't feel guilty when I go out of my estate at night, Do you ever think that people may have young children in bed or that old people might not like to hear your car bang popping down the road ?, I bet your the type that does 70 mph in 30 mph zones to :roll: .

They dont hand out ASBO's like confetti matey :roll: .

Rob

Gray

Just......no.

ASBO oh dear. Is your dad also your uncle?
Theres absolutely no need for something so ridiculous on a road car. Theres no way on earth youre going to be able to silence it enough.

SickBoy

8) F*ck the kids and old people wake em up ....shoulnt be in bed at that time:lol:

Do a twin one out of either side will be even louder8) 8)

Lee

A

Aj82

WTF is your prob? For those who dont kno, i will actually b usin it a track or strip car, as i hav a 200sx that i use everyday at the moment. Im a mechanic an looking to get bout 450bhp. Instead of insultin folk you dont ****in kno how bout u jus give your opinion like a club member should instead o takin the ****. Thanks to those who did giv their opinion.

SickBoy

Woha :-D handbags out on 4th post got to be a record ;-)

And bear in mind it says nothing about a track car in your post :doh:

You def will need one of them neons for the end of the exhaust :-o

Lee

A

Aj82

Ahh but it also says nufin bout bein a road car either mate. I purely jus asked the question for some advice an got a load o crap for it??? I asked bcoz i kno more an more tracks are becomin stricter wi the db levels so wanted to kno if ther would b a solution, thats all

Gray

Oh yeah, by the way - you don't need one of those electronic dump valve noise makers anymore.
Neon Washer Jets are a must though. :lol:

A

Aj82

Oh cum on!! i wouldnt b a proper chav if i didnt av the sound of two dump valves on every change!!!haha! Neons are already fitted, check out at the sky bout 10pm 2nite an you will see me!!!

stumo

Ahh but it also says nufin bout bein a road car either mate. I purely jus asked the question for some advice an got a load o crap for it??? I asked bcoz i kno more an more tracks are becomin stricter wi the db levels so wanted to kno if ther would b a solution, thats all
Is that English?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Ok here is an honest answer for you...

If you decide to use a front side exit exhaust then it will be rediculously loud... There isn't really much scope to silence this either...

Noise limits are around the 95db - 105db @ 4000rpm... With a front side exit exhaust you haven't really got a hope in passing noise restrictions and won't be allowed on to any of the top tracks and events...

Even Bruntinthorpe now has a strict noise limit...

Hope that helps...

Rishi

A

Aj82

Take it any way you want. Or how about, instead of spamming my post you might actually provide your opinion or advice on the topic asked for. I thought that was the whole point of this? Was that clear enough for you and in enough english for you, or would you like to attend a course a 02 for short hand text?? haha

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Aj82 said:
Take it any way you want. Or how about, instead of spamming my post you might actually provide your opinion or advice on the topic asked for. I thought that was the whole point of this? Was that clear enough for you and in enough english for you, or would you like to attend a course a 02 for short hand text?? haha

READ ABOVE!!... I just gave you an answer!... :roll:

Rishi