exhausts

Paul20

what exhausts do everyone seem to be running? i have a magnex full system but seems very quiet compared to other r's iv heard

M

Mondorno

I think most people run the Mongoose Turbo back system. It`s 2.5 " and you can choose a tailgate of 3" or 5" and it comes with a de-cat pipe.

R

R-Man

Mondorno said:
I think most people run the Mongoose Turbo back system. It`s 2.5 " and you can choose a tailgate of 3" or 5" and it comes with a de-cat pipe.
I have a Mongoose turbo back system but ive seen a system by Blueflame identical to the Mongoose but cheaper:thumbsup:

Paul20

so a goose is the same bore as my exhaust (2.5") but slightly less restrictive/baffled so sounds louder? is there many people gone down the 3" route?

mad max

loads mate i have been told by so many people get rid of the goose and go for the janspeed i did not at the time but my goose is coming off and i am not fitting the janspeed i am going for the side exit it all depends what you are running (boost wise )i think ? dont want to be shouted down hear i am still new to this lol

N

Ninja_tune_factory

5zigen do some great exhaust for the pulsar and there not to much money

turbodaily

Ninja_tune_factory said:
5zigen do some great exhaust for the pulsar and there not to much money
have a laugh, almost £500 for a cat back. but well worth it imo ;-) better than shitty mongoose:roll: :lol:

A

another sunny

i am running a 3" JWR manifold back with a Jasma rear box(all stainless), this system is not restrictive at all the only problem is it is just too loud(or i am just too old)

Last edited by a moderator:

turbodaily

i find the 5zigen spot on, it is loud (especially on full boost!), but its not impossible to cruise around without setting off car alarms constantly.

V

Vossie

Hi,

I have an 3" Turbo Back system from Blue Flame. I am very happy whit that thing, no probs jet. Only the look of the dualend mufflerl is ...mhh how shut i say it ... strange.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
another sunny said:
i am running a 3" JWR manifold back with a Jasma rear box(all stainless), this system is not restrictive at all the only problem is it is just too loud(or i am just too old)

You must be getting old because JASMA is a governing body... Basically it means your exhaust backbox has been silenced to meet JASMA regulations for road legality in Japan... And they are pretty strict...

Rishi

A

a11ova

Im running a 3" custom system from JAE. It includes turbo elbow/downpipe, cat has been by-passed and and only one silencer is used. The word 'straight' is almost spot on as very few bends are used compared to the goose. i paid £550 for mine and must say its the bollox!!!!

kevgti-r

a11ova said:
Im running a 3" custom system from JAE. It includes turbo elbow/downpipe, cat has been by-passed and and only one silencer is used. The word 'straight' is almost spot on as very few bends are used compared to the goose. i paid £550 for mine and must say its the bollox!!!!
where did you get your system from?
my black gti-rs exhaust doesnt look too good :doh:

A

a11ova

kevgti-r said:
where did you get your system from?
my black gti-rs exhaust doesnt look too good :doh:
Its a place in hucknall nottingham. The place is called JAE. I dropped them the car off and they sorted it out over 2 days. The welds, finishing is some of the best i have seen. Can only praise there work

Studlife

RishiGTiR said:
You must be getting old because JASMA is a governing body... Basically it means your exhaust backbox has been silenced to meet JASMA regulations for road legality in Japan... And they are pretty strict...

Rishi
The Fujisubo is also controlled by JASMA it gives DB of standard exhaust and the FUJISUBO systems they are almost identical for sound not much of a performance exhaust,

has anyone ever gone bigger than three inch for a custom setup ie my mates Fairlady has 4 inch, as does my other mates FC RX7 they are fooking loud would 3.5 or 4 see anymore benifet??