Exhaust

N

Ninja_tune_factory

Hi all................

Just thort you all like to see the 3" bore janspeed exhaust that out for the pulsar now , i no its bin around for some time now but its come back out agen,

the one i have is going on a customers car now, The kit comes with every think you see cat box middle section and tail section also they have a 3" turbo back donw pipe(and this is a real TURBO bank down pipe)

Also so the best part about it is that you can have one of these 3" systerms for around the same price as the goos .

here are pics (sorry for pics)

cheers Lionel.

O

Odin

How much for the rear section including the cat replacment box ?.

Rob

N

Ninja_tune_factory

I only have price for the full systerm but for you Rob il find out asap

if you wanted a 3" de-cat pipe there £20 + post

but will let you no soon as rob
cheers Lionel.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

Ninja_tune_factory said:
if you wanted a 3" de-cat pipe there £20 + post
I would want it with a proper box fella not a cat replacment ;-) .

Rob

N

Ninja_tune_factory

Pm will becomeing ur way to day rob at some pint

N

Ninja_tune_factory

well they are foooooooooking loud , louder then the goos , how much of the systerm do you want ?
if yoiu want whats in the pic il pm you.

DanDud

These look really good and i bet they release quite a bit of power but if their louder than a goose surely theres no chance of you doing a track day with 1?

CruiseGTi-R

I want one of these too - is the elbow one unit with the downpipe or can you use it with stock elbow?

Either way, does it fit round air-con?

Time to **** my neighbours off.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

sorry guy i havent seen this post in some time , the full systerm is what you see in the pics and that is
£345.00 i think will need to check ,

now the down pipe comes with a elbow and is around £400 they have change the flang from befor so it will fit right on to the t28 with no fuzz , we have the 1st new down pipe on the pulsar in are workshop at the moment it fit`s very well

when it comes to ac i no it will not fit as theres no room

Cheers Lionel.

marcus_g

All right all, i got one of these on my r plus the down pipe, it's class i think they are well worth the coin quite loud but i ain't had no complaints yet after two months off people in my street or the police

big up to ntf for the supply and fit keep up the good work

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Also so the best part about it is that you can have one of these 3" systerms for around the same price as the goos

the full systerm is what you see in the pics and that is
£345.00 i think
the down pipe comes with a elbow and is around £400
with reference to your quote at the top of this post you say that "you can have one of these 3" systems for around the same price as the goos"

Well correct me if wrong but £345 & £400 = £755 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can pick up a full Goose for under £300 quid these days mate.

These look really good and i bet they release quite a bit of power but if their louder than a goose surely theres no chance of you doing a track day with 1?
They are really well made Dan but take into account the points below. The complete system is over the noise levels for most tracks at way over 100 decebels.

is the elbow one unit with the downpipe or can you use it with stock elbow
Yes, the elbow/dump and down pipe are all one piece, this can make life very awkward if once fitted you ever have cause to remove just your turbo, as you have remove the turbo complete with your elbow/down pipe and your exhaust manifold in ONE PIECE. This means you have to spend loads of time removing parts you wouldn't normally remove just to remove the turbo.

Also worth mentioning at this point is that when fitted, mine had several leaks. One leak from where the tail pipe joins the end section, which was caused by the ends of the 2 pipes being out of round and not fitting together very well, I corrected this by reshaping the ends of pipe and using some nasty exhaust paste to make the seal. The other leak I had was a little more concerning as it was from the mating flanges of dump pipe and turbo. This was leaking due the flange being warped and when bolted to the turbo (no matter how tight you did the bolts up) left a gap that I could fit a 1mm feeler gauge into.

This would have happened at the manufacturing stage and caused by the flange not being clamped into position properly whilst being welded and the heat from the welding process warping the flange. I tried all sorts to correct this, in the end I had to have the face of the flange machined flat at the cost of £40. Of course this might not be the case on all the systems produced and certainly not the quality you would expect from a major manufacturer like Janspeed but it would definitely be something to look for when fitting it all up, oh and don’t forget to have the exhaust paste handy.

Other fitting problems included the down pipe touching any bottom strut brace you might have fitted, 4 point or two point, this means you have to either have your prace modified to fit. Another thing is that when fitted, the down pipe is hard up against the sump pan which can’t be good. Also on my system the downpipe has developed a hairline crack (after a year of use) at the downpipe mount due to it not being a properly constructed mounting point.

So in answer to your questions, yes it is a good system and quite possibly does produce some extra torque in the higher rev bands if using a bigger turbo than the standard T28.

But before you shell out your hard earned £755 on one of the few true 3” systems available for the Pulsar just check the quality and that Janspeed have attended to the points above.

Fair warning

Steve

Last edited:

Dooie Pop Pop

so thats £745 for the whole thing then.

is the plus vat or including Lional?

hardly goose money is it?:roll:

edited: just seen Steve' s post. tbh after having the turbo on and off about five times i have to agree that its easier to drop the front antiroll bar rear bolts and remove the turbo/downpipe and manifold in one lump.

BUT

because you dont have to fiddle and **** **** around under he car with a cut down spanner to get to the t28 flange i reckon its quicker;-)

iv not had the same flange problems that Steve had or the cracking either:? i consider myself lucky but i would add that Janspeed were really helpfull to me after i had problems with that twat from fx performance.....

yes its loud (3.5inch tail) but only on boost really. the 5inch tail has a rolled lip which makes it look massive and tbh i reckon that would be too loud for most even on tickover.

cant comment on t28 torque gains cos i slapped a turbo on her at the same time:twisted: those that know my car also know its doing ok for torque lol;-)

stu

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Oh, I forgot to mention, when putting this system on assemble the manifold, turbo and elbow/downpipe together as one lump then put it on your car, don't try leaving your turbo in position and just bolting the elbow/downpipe to the turbo, it will take you hours just to do some of the flange bolts/nuts up.

youngsyp

My scratch built Hayward and Scott system, including 3" elbow and downpipe, with fitting was only £825 iirc !! I bet you can get them cheaper than that now too as, they made a 'jig' for the Pulsar exhaust, when they made mine ?!