Exhaust noise

antopulsar

hi lads just after some advice really.. i have had 3 warnings:doh: and a prohibitation order:x now about the noise of my exhaust, admitidly it is loud and when in residential areas the sound echos round and i can be heard for miles lol. I have no problem with this but i suppose i am fed up with the grief all the time.. i have got a janspeed straight through 3 inch system (no boxes) from the turbo which exits the rear of the car 5 inch.. what do i do????
i dont really want to lose any performance/power:cry:

1- get another smaller exhaust
2- have a box made for it
3- have another back section made for when on rd (3inch)

any help and advice will be greatfully appreciated cheers guys:thumbsup::thumbsup:

anto

nimhbk

chop off the chav tastic 5" end and weld on a 3" thats what i done a week after getting mine, made a big difference

nimhbk

Not that i know of, and yes was a lot quiter.
see what others say but i think it will be your cheapest bet got my new tail end from pipewerx very good quality

antopulsar

ok cheers mate i suppose it must be alot quieter. sounds like a good idea see what others say cheers bud

anto

davey red.r

a 3"system will be loud, unless its muffled, witch you say yours hasnt,
cutting the tailpipe id imagine would do nothing at all to the volume,
get yourself a scorpion system,or magnex system, job done.
or like you say get a rear muffler box made up custom for your car,
should be around the £250 mark.

davey

antopulsar

cheers davey i have a friend down the rd from me who does custom exhausts so i mite pop and see him. would it be a hollow box or have to be filled?

P

pulsarboby

get a silenced decat that will knock it down by a good 3db as ive found myself

will have one due in on saturday if you want it

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
i have got a janspeed straight through 3 inch system (no boxes) from the turbo which exits the rear of the car 5 inch.. what do i do????
Go down to your local exhaust builder and have two small straight through silencers added.

That will reduce the sound dramatically, but allow some noise when on WOT.

warringtonjack

The 5" tail acts just like a mega phone. The 'end' of the exhaust for engineering purposes, is the point at which the 3" becomes 5", so you could hack the whole tail off and not cause a drop in performance. A 3" tail will be quieter. As mentioned, any good exhaust builder will be able to build a silencer or two for inclusion into the system without a loss of performance. HTH. ;)

antopulsar

put a sock in the pipe!! (gtirpimp)

cheers mate great advice there but i am slowly runnin out of socks lol lol lo hahahahahahahahahahah:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

antopulsar

(fire and skill)

again much appreciated but i like them to much to go to waste lol

havin a few beers at my mates and this is highly amusing when very pissed hahahahahahahahahahhahahhah

thanks guys

:dance1:

davey red.r

how about getting your mate, to stick his wooly mamotth in the exhaust, whilst your driving:shock::shock::lol::hippo:

Mr GTiR

Get the biggest back box you can on there and get the tail pipe to exit on the n/s at 3".

Do a search on here as quite a few 400hp plus car have done that and it makes a lot of difference. If I was going to keep my car then this is what I would have done for my 3" straight through system.

djdoc360

I had to buy a ECV because I too use to get tickets. ECV are the best way to combat all the noize complainers and to keep your exhaust loud with a pull of a lever.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Noise makes the car feel quicker.

Put a scorpion on mine and it's so quiet all I can hear is the engine and drive chain, very odd

gtirjoey

only ever been stopped and fined once for my exhaust (5 ziegan) and the copper said if it was daytime he would not do anything but as its ten o clock at night its to loud!!! oh yeah he also said if it was a scoobie he would let me off because 'cars like that' are loud as standard!!
sorry bit off topic