Exhaust Manifold Gasket

marc

ok my exhaust manifold gasket is on the way out and I have been quoted 290 quid to get it fixed :eek: :eek: :eek: I was just wondering if anyone has the part numbers for the gaskets about this area because I might aswell do them all, and also I was thinking of doing them myself, How hard a job is it to do? any help would be appreciated

Regards Marc

mattygti-r

this is what happend on mine 2 weeks ago just got it all done now

, from what i seen take place on my driveway this week its a mare to do

id replace all the other gagets too mate, may as well this is what i did...

manifold gasget is about £15
turbo to manifold gasget is £5
exhuast gasget is £16

marc

Do you happen to have part number for the Gaskets ? That would be great... and It doesnt look that hard.... I imagine take the rad ect out and it would be not too bad to do ? How many hours we talkign if you can guess ????

mattygti-r

took a full day to do the work (not me doing it thou )

alot of the bolts were rusted to fook thou hence why it took ages

teh heatsheilds wernt replaced eitehr they were left off

gasget part number i can give u later :)

its not a job id like to do

if u doing that you may as well check all the turbo gasgets etc

Keira

if you are lazy and are careful you can do the manifold gasket without removing the turbo :wink:

note the word 'CAREFUL'

ShayneG

I did this job a few months ago. You might as well change all the gaskets while ur there. You will also need new copper washers for the oil and water return lines if you are going to take the manifold and turbo off complete :wink:

ShayneG

Oh and be careful not to bend the oil and water pipes as this is easily done and a right ar5e to get them back in the correct position :lol: