Exhaust Gaz Temp. ( HELP needed)(french red wine reward)

A

Anonymous

geetee said:
I think the whole point with EGT is that it will differ from car to car.

The best way to use it is to get the car setup professionally so you KNOW that it isn't running weak or detonating. Make a note of your EGT levels.

If the car starts detonating, your EGT will fall dramatically. If ur running lean and the det doesn't kick in the EGT will rise dramatically.

So get it setup - learn what temps it runs.... then if any major changes occur... go and see your bank manager and then your mechanic .... in that order.

The most important thing here is that your EGT will actually fall if you start to detonate. So you'll be trolling along at 950 deg C thinking all is well......... NOT :p

It's worth running an AFR gauge alongside. But bear in mind the output of the lamda sensor on the R doesn't provide the correct voltage range for off the shelf AFR gauges.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

I am all allright with you and my EGt is take on the most high point of temperatur but it make 3 day that I go up than 1 000 °c, Does someone have an idea of what it can be ?? the motor doesn't hot just the EGt no other problem of temperature ....

I don't understand

PLEASE HELP ME !!! ( even if France had won the England at soccer ... :? )

S

str_motorsport

mate, check your air fuel ratio!!!
if your car suddenly runs hotter, there should be a problem.hotter means a lean mixture.
check fuel pressure,fuel pump,injectors,maf,fuel filter,voltage to fuel pump(mine had problems on the connection and voltage decreased to 10v when hot)now i replaced all the wire from the relay to the pump and i got a massive 13,60 v all day long!
hope this help
david

A

Anonymous

I will do it today,

this afternoon I go to : http://www.intermat-developpement.com/ to do all the necessary changes

for the EGT high temp it was also that in order to move the site of the screen of temperature, I had lengthened the cable.
But one needs a special cable and concealment had changed the resistence of the wire, and thus that to increase the value read with the screen.
when I read 1000°c makes some I were with 950°C

BUt I will check ECu this afternoon to run in peace with no restrictor (GrN 32mm) and my new intake turbo pipe 49 mm (stock 47 mm) I will put 1.2b

S

str_motorsport

hi mate, in my autometer egt instructions,it is written that you shoul not cut or add wires to the probe wiring.this will cause uncorrect readings,beacuse the egt monitor is calibrated to work with that wire,and only with that probe.
this could be your problem.

A

AJ4

The actual temperature is not really that important anyway as it is so critical of where you place the probe and the health of the engine.

The most important thing is the change in temp, ie a drop in temp when detonation starts etc.

A

Anonymous

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My Screen was Dead, it shows me 1150 °C whaen I was at 900 °C :?

but it's nice for my motor :lol: