Exhaust Gaz Temp. ( HELP needed)(french red wine reward)

A

Anonymous

what do you think it's the max Temp. ??

Moved as it's more of a tuning issue - FAST GUY

MarkTurbo

I think its somewhere around 900-1000 centigrade.

If you do a search i think there was a topic about it on here the other day :wink:

MarkTurbo

Stevo said:
:roll: Good guess :lol:

I would get rid of that signature pic quickly if i was you :wink: Else the mods will throw their toys out the pram when they see it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
From what I was reading before, max EGT before detting is specific to each engine. In that one may take 1000C where another won't. A decent mapper will be able to tell you at what EGT your engine is starting to det as long as he's monitoring EGT. I'd say it would be best he can tell you the temp on an in car gauge tho as his (if he has one) may be reading different to the one in the car.

Y

YODI

It all depends where the EGT probe is placed in the exhaust. Mine is in the exhaust housing of the turbo which is one of the hottest places so anything up to 1000c is ok but anything past that and back off.

Where is your EGT probe placed??

Yodi

A

Anonymous

like you on the most high temperature point,

but this morning I have take a 1123 °c ! :?

it's time ti put off the Gr.N restrictor but its not as simple as I have believe :

1str the lead

the pipe

the Fan

We got it

its not very very exact measure but the problem is that GrN impose to reduce turbo air intake about 30 mm and to do the same work my Turbo is doing more job.

And it will give me more power but I wiil find a mann who can remake this part with good value.

I will check next week

this is the problem
[/img]

MarkTurbo

Eric, are you planning on using your Gti-R as a rally car :?:

Is that why you are talking about fitting a restrictor on the turbo inlet :?: Or have i missunderstood what you're saying :lol:

A

Anonymous

My car is an EX semi-official Nissan RAlly CAR,:

and for this reason they are forced to put a restrictor to be OK with FIA
It's the same thing for alle the Gr N rally Car !

this car is 300 Hp with this Restrictor:
without I will win Hp and reduce my EGT temp !!

2 good reason to put it off !

But I need to remake this parts, I had go to Nissan this morning here in France they can't sell only this piping, I will see next week with one of my father friend who make parts for Rally car !! to have 50 or 53 mm everywhere into the pipe !

( excuse my english not easy to explain) :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Eric-R said:
this car is 300 Hp with this Restrictor:
without I will win Hp and reduce my EGT temp !!

2 good reason to put it off !
Make sure you get a remap/set up or you might lose horsepower and increase EGT and blow your engine through running weak.

A

Anonymous

Fast Guy said:
Make sure you get a remap/set up or you might lose horsepower and increase EGT and blow your engine through running weak.
according to the mann who made this car, the ECU can go higer, from 1.0 to 1.8 with restrictor, and more than 1.4 without restrictor

it was a Gr.N rally car but at the beginning he want to go Gr.A, but it seems to be more easy to win in GR.N.

Why did you say it ? do you have special information in this case ?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'm assuming that if you take the restirctor off, the ecu will not be able to compensate enough fot the massive changes in airflow you may get. I could be wrong, but it's better to be safe than sorry :wink:

geetee

I think the whole point with EGT is that it will differ from car to car.

The best way to use it is to get the car setup professionally so you KNOW that it isn't running weak or detonating. Make a note of your EGT levels.

If the car starts detonating, your EGT will fall dramatically. If ur running lean and the det doesn't kick in the EGT will rise dramatically.

So get it setup - learn what temps it runs.... then if any major changes occur... go and see your bank manager and then your mechanic .... in that order.

The most important thing here is that your EGT will actually fall if you start to detonate. So you'll be trolling along at 950 deg C thinking all is well......... NOT :p

It's worth running an AFR gauge alongside. But bear in mind the output of the lamda sensor on the R doesn't provide the correct voltage range for off the shelf AFR gauges.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)