exhaust dilemma

zia

have just put my mongoose on after the tanabe mid section gave up it ghost. mongoose although is worn and bit on the noisy side. so have considered all option and need exhaust that meet's my requiremnents.
has to quitish no more than 90db.something light as mongoose with no huge backbox on the end.minmum 2 1/2 inch dia
1..mongoose too loud :cry:

2..magnex...part's will be unavailable soon some tuner/suppliers' don,t seem to list it for gtir

3..scorpoin seem good bet but will it add to overall weight? :?

4.. zigen this is what i really want :D but carn,t seem to get it. checker haven,t confirmed if they have them in stock

5..apexi same as above not many tuner can get them

6.. get hayward scott to make custom ..expensive :shock:

7..janspeed...too loud :cry:

8..peco...budget crap???

zia

Powerflow? At least then you can choose diameter, tail size, etc.

I've not had any personal experience with them, some people slate them, others think they're the best thing since boost controllers...

Just a thought.

S

str_motorsport

get the goose system, than go to a custom eshaust shop and ask them to make a rear back box ....
this is what i have done to mine as the goose was lound and the police wasn't happy...
so i now have a custom made SS backbox and my system is not loud now....i am happy with if, by the goose sound was amazing...

zia

my current goose is equipped with powerflow box. and to be honest. the way they designed it is god awful even muppet with a welder could do better the weld on this box you would not beleive how crap they are !. also they welded custom braket to the underneath of the car to fit this so called rear box which i was unable to take off. currently it knocking like fuck :evil:. dont really rate their work.

zia

gtir bean

i have a scorpion and it still has a nice note to it but its not loud at all.it does still make a bit of noise when you kane it.

M

Mr Overboooost

i had a conversation with blueflame performance a while a go and they recon they can make a full 3" system while you wait to any design you want for about 400 quid. :D

cheers
gary

zia

the janspeeds not that loud
can you have conversation with your miss on motorway doing 80mph! :D ( mind you not hearing her whinging would be good thing) :wink:

zia[/quote]

zia

any one with kaikmoto exhaust 3 inch stainless steel system ? any good/bad info would be great

thanks zia

M

memski

gtir.spares said:
i had a conversation with blueflame performance a while a go and they recon they can make a full 3" system while you wait to any design you want for about 400 quid. :D

cheers
gary
If you're prepared to wait 13hrs and more nearer the 500 mark.

Dooie Pop Pop

in all honesty Zia it aint that bad mate..i do have the rather sensible 3.5inch tail though 8) on hard boost its does sound oh so :twisted: i have to admit but thats all right foot related :wink:

not too quiet from behind though i suspect :lol: