Exedy Organic Clutches Have you had problems??

B

blitzboy

I replaced my clutch with an Exedy in April, the pressure plate went faulty after 800 miles, The dealer I bought it from was convinced nothing was wrong with it, so shelled some more money and bought another pressure plate to prove it was. Stuck it in, it worked!!!...........but wait only for how long ... thats right another 800 miles WTF !!! The pressure plate is F**ked again what a POS, im buying a HELIX now. Oh yeah the dealer sent back the first pressure plate to Exedy to have it examined so I could get some money back, guess what havent heard anything in 5 weeks funny that!!!
ok Rant over.

Anyone else had problems with Exedy organic clutches?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
blitzboy said:
Anyone else had problems with Exedy organic clutches?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear oh dear!!...

Check out those links... The clutch is a joke...

Rishi

B

blitzboy

Damn so if Exedy have admitted that its not suitable for our cars why on earth are they still supplying them to DP Motorsport! :shock:
The last time I managed to get Dave on the Phone at DP, he was trying to convince me they never had any problems and I was the first then he tried to blame my mechanic saying he might not have fitted properly!!!
Damn you can never trust people, thats the last time I will be doing any business with him. Might have a word with my Solicitor to see if I have a case. Ahh you live and learn, next time I will do a search next time I need a part for my R that will teach me.

S

Stoned

Mine has just failed. But it managed 15,000 miles so not quite as bad as yours

It never slips, it just simply wont let me engage gears smoothly

B

blitzboy

exactly , not being able to put the gears in properly or not at all is a symptom of the pressure plate failing. A clutch kit should at least last 35K.

O

Odin

Don't confuse people fella your running a twin plate exedy clutch.

It's a well know fact that the exedy single plate clutch kit for the gti-r is a load of 5hite.

Dp should know better :roll: , And why is it these people (dp) allways try and blame the people that fit it?. As if there the only one's in the land that know what there doing (bruces engine :lol: :lol: ) hint lol.

rob

O

Odin

LOU ROB said:
I run a single plate (hyper single). It's Jason who uses the twin plate :wink:

Yes your right fella, But my point is that it's not the normal 5hite they sell to joe public is it :roll: .

Even Exedy themselfs have admited that the clutch this lad was sold is not fit for the job on a pulsar :evil: , So why is this tuner (I only said tuner for the comedy value fella :lol: :wink: ) Selling this to a customer that has put his trust in them :roll: :? .

I bet they haven't paid his gearbox removel costs, They just stick there heads in the sand and hope it will go way :cry: :roll: .

Oh and why is it's allways everybodys else's fault but there own :roll: .

rob

B

blitzboy

Lou Rob, the Exedy Clutch you have is the the Hyper version (non organic).
Im talking about the the uprated Organic version, just done a search and it seems a lot of people on here have had problems with a number years with this version.

If DP Motorsport think that this problem is going to go away but sticking there heads in the sand thay have got another thing coming. I will be contacting Trading standards and taking this to a small claims court.
So far I have sp*nked £600 on Labour and a total £470 on the clutch and two pressure plates, It will cost me another £600 to put a DECENT Clutch in. I mean my R is nearly standard apart from the Exhaust and the 13psi of boost Im running, its not as if im running loads of power.

kirko

same old forum sh*t

people slating a tuner because of a faulty product

dp fitted my exedy organic 5 years ago since then it has been perfect
it has never slipped or caused me problems even now at my latest state of tune it works admirably

maybe there HAS been fitting issues associated with these failures

B

blitzboy

Kirko, you may have been lucky.
Plus im not slating a tuner because of a faulty product, I am slating them because of there sh*T CUSTOMER SERVICE, no phone call back after he promised he will get back to me after Exedy have inspected my pressure plate!! most Tuners/Suppliers I have dealt with when I have had a faulty product have been helpful giving replacement parts without asking for more money and keeping me informed of the situation.

But trust me there has NOT been fitting issues. The mechanics I used, have working on my cars for the last 15 years. Thay have built a Mini V8 with 600bhp from scratch.
My mechanics have said the pressure plate is not up to the job, the fingers of the plate deforming hence the biting point getting lower.

Also I own a 450 bhp RX7, the Tuner I use for my parts used to be Exedy dealers, they DO NOT use them anymore, why you ask? I tell you why they have had numerous clutch failures from them from clutches they have fitted, each time they go back to Exedy with a warranty issue no joy and no replacements or money back hence why they are not dealers for them anymore.
Dont try and tell me they have had fitting issues, they have built the fastest road legal Rx7 for the quarter mile (9secs)in the UK.

I think people should realise you wont get any customer support from Exedy. Stck with this Forums recommendations of RPS or Helix, hopefully nobody else will get burnt like me

S

Stoned

Kirko Abbey Motorsport fitted my Exedy organic. It seems from feedback on this forum that they know what they are doing?

I dont give my clutch a hard time and up until recently it was running no more than 250bhp, yet it's been hard to get into gears almost the whole time I have owned the car

I shall not be sorry to see it go!

B

blitzboy

All I want to know is why us in Britain let big companies like Exedy get away with it and give us sh*t customer support, if you go to America when things like this happen they get their asss handed to them

geoff pine

have had no problems so far then iv'e not done big milage :? about 6000 when it does go will be thinking of another make.

LOU ROB

blitzboy said:
the Exedy Clutch you have is the the Hyper version (non organic).
I agree. But I have also had the organic fitted in the cars earlier state of tune for around 18 months. It was good enough to get me an 11.9 sec on the quarter. The only reason I changed it was after I had more power, it would slip in 4th and 5th.After inspection, there was hardly any wear, just a bluey colour on the plate where it had been slipping.

I'm only putting accross that there are quite a few people who use them and haven't had any problems.

Z

zid336

:? Been warned of the exedy clutches myself was gona buy one put asked around got a helix never had a problem!! best suited for the R,

M

matttyevo

over 60 launches with 400bhp and no probs with exedy twin plate.......

Matt

ex-gtir

kirko said:
same old forum sh*t

people slating a tuner because of a faulty product

dp fitted my exedy organic 5 years ago since then it has been perfect
it has never slipped or caused me problems even now at my latest state of tune it works admirably

maybe there HAS been fitting issues associated with these failures
your clutch would have been made before daikin bought exedy
they now supply a lower quailty us made clutch not the jap spec one saying this i have two other customers still running exedy organics i fitted 2 years ago same time a edds failed