EVO Recaro seats fitted............

MORF114

very nice 8) well done in fitting them. whats it like for a passenger to get in the back ?

Im still after some black teg seats to match my retrim i have :( still no joy hens teeth for a decent set of black teg recaros

PaulB

I paid £275 for them from a lad on the MLR, picked them up from skeggy on my way down there last week. Bargain :thumbsup:

Aye, bens welding is spot on, well chuffed, still think im gonna fix some black trim on them.

It wasnt too much of a mission, I must admit when we started it, I was thinking it was gonna be a pig, but it was easy peasy !

As for getting in the back, you have to slide the seat forward and wind it up, but I hardly ever have passengers, so thats no bother

Il be leaving the reacros the same colour and maybe keep my eye open for some door cards and rears off an E6 to pinch the material off, Otherwise, Il just use black alcantara.

:)

Last edited:
R

Red16

heres another few pics showing how they look in the car

nice view from the rear

perfect for a set of harnesses for track action Browny

R

Red16

forgot to say they do look and feel excellent when youre sat in them, plenty of support.

GTiRlover

Top quality write up! You say they sit ever so slightly higher than the standard seats, would you be able to get them lower using different subframes?

PaulB

Hmmm, no, the extra heigh is in the seat really, padding etc.

Only an inch or so.

Davey Red R has them in his car now, so maybe he can give his view?

davey red.r

id say probs an inch higher at most over standard seats they cant be lowered anymore for the shape of the floor near the gearstick as it pertrudes out and up a bit.

GTiRlover

Thanks for the replies guys. I was only wondering because I would like to uprate my seats and mount them mounted slightly lower than the OEM items. Although they are higher than the stock seats did they make a marked improvement in driving position? Also maybe a stupid question but considering they sit higher would you say they were an improvement over standard? I only ask because I know the Clio 172/182 has a high seating position which kind of detracts from the driving...

John

Thanks for the replies guys. I was only wondering because I would like to uprate my seats and mount them mounted slightly lower than the OEM items. Although they are higher than the stock seats did they make a marked improvement in driving position? Also maybe a stupid question but considering they sit higher would you say they were an improvement over standard? I only ask because I know the Clio 172/182 has a high seating position which kind of detracts from the driving...
I also have Evo 8 seats in my Pulsar and although the seats sit a bit higher I do prefer it over the OEM seats as they provide so much more support compared to standard and the extra height is a bit of a bonus to me as im not very tall.

What I would say is it may be an idea to run a smaller steering wheel when you have them fitted as that extra height on the seat brings your knees very close to the steering wheel.

GTiRlover

Thanks John for your response. Would you mind posting some pics of your seats so I can see what they look like in the car. I am trying to find a set that will match the rest of the interior as best I can!

LisaZ

lol i have just shown my paul this post he is now worried im going to nab his seats and stick them in mine lol:lol: