EVO Recaro seats fitted............

PaulB

Well nearly anyway !

Ive mounted the passenger one on some standard frames supplied by pulsarboby, just waiting for the drivers one arriving and im good to go !

As you can quite well imagine, these are a huge improvement over the crappy standard seats. I realised after 1 lap of knockhill that i needed these babys fitted !

Il post the others up on friday when the drivers seats fitted :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

other sides en route today paul, along with fluid cap;-)

MarkTurbo

Nice job 8)

Any chance of putting up couple pics sometime showing how you've mounted the evo seats on the runners :thumbsup:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Nice one :thumbsup:

MarkTurbo said:
Nice job 8)

Any chance of putting up couple pics sometime showing how you've mounted the evo seats on the runners :thumbsup:
Some decent pic's and it could be made a sticky so we can all get the chance to change these bloody crap standard seats.

B

beastgtir

They look very smart mate.

Whats the seating posistion like? is it the same as the normal ones, or do you sit slightly higher up?

PaulB

yup, will do, there easy to do, just need a few beads of weld. They are slightly higher up, nothing noticeable tho, they sit as low as possible with the bottom of the seat on a std pulsar runner.

As a brief, weve used some 20mm square box section, and on the handbrake side we bolted it to the recaro, then bolted it sideways to the original runner.

Then the door side of it, bolted the same angle to the seat, then 2 more pieces with a nice weld onto the original frame to get the height right, just over an hour and half for it.

Pics to follow................

Last edited:

cmng

i not sure
i fitted my Recaro SP JJ on my R direct fit on recaro subframe for RNN14
the subframe previously used on SR3 seat
nicely fitted

one thing issue it the side too near to door skin
i think nearly 2-3mm gab left only

Oh yea.
those no idea what is Recaro SP JJ
Recaro SP JJ is similiar with those Evo 6-7 seat
but it come with extra Air Pump

PaulB

cmng said:
i not sure
about what ?

I take some more pics tonight, but theres no doubting the improvement they make, standatd R seats are the same as that are in a Sunny 1.6 SR.

youngsyp

Very good work mate. Looking forward to the pics.

Out of interest, which Evo are thos seats out of ? An E6 possibly ?!

Braveheart

Looking good Paul... good job. :thumbsup:
You will see a marked inprovement on the track.
I was sliding all over the place on the track with the standard seats but having fitted a set of OMP track seats, it's like night and day. You just hunker down and get on with the driving instead of bum shuffling yourself back into possition all the time.

My seats sit a bit higher then the originals on sliders so I'm going to get fixed brackets in order to drop the hight a bit.

cmng

sorry
i mean i not sure what subframe you use
that the issue when surfing net and same time online chatting

PaulB

Rightyo then, got them both fitted now......

Heres you go.............

And to start off how we fitted them, we took off the inside rail of the standard frames.........

Chopped of the lug that holds the seat together on the standard one.....then.....

....bolted the 20x20 box section to the seat, using M8 bolts, then drilled and fixed the inside rail onto the seat

thats the inside rail sorted.

So then we fixed the box section to the seat again on the outside rail......

We then bolted another piece of angle to the frame, sat the seat in and it needed another piece of box section, so we then welded the 3 pieces together.......

The reason you need more on the outside rail is because the floor isnt level. I am going to find a piece of plastic trim to cover the welded parts of the seat and keep it neat.

Ive been out and roadtested them and they are great.. they are a touch higher, and maybe not too suitable for 6ft plus, and the evo seats are rock hard compared to standards. But I love `em and Im well chuffed !!!

Hope this is off some use, and is probably not the only way of fitting them, but it worked well for me !!

Last edited:

20vturbogaz

The seats look great browny you could powercoat the frames black if thats easier . plus bens welding looks spot on too.

MarkTurbo

Thats a really helpful write up :thumbsup:

It dosent look as much of a mission to fit them as i was thinking it would be 8)