evo brakes

J

Jim_1979

sounds interesting as the standard brakes are defo crap!! (learned this in the space of 4days!).

How would a set of evo discs/calipers set you back?

T

Trent

how much bigger are the calipers from an evo?? will they fit under 15's?

J

Jim_1979

are you replacing the front and rears? Or simply just the front discs/calipers?

gtir bean

the evo ones may be different but shouldnt be.other than the fitting for the brake pipe i think.;-) fto front callipers fit too.are you using evo disks?

D

danmo

So, people with this mod, how much difference has it made and what was the overall cost?
Cheers.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
gtir bean said:
the evo ones may be different but shouldnt be.other than the fitting for the brake pipe i think.;-) fto front callipers fit too.are you using evo disks?

damn! is it just fto gpx ones? i thought the later evo ones were the same as the fto?

im getting evo discs so i'll try them first, if they are too much hassle i'll go for those 172 cup discs you have 8)

J

Jim_1979

you fitted these yet?

So you get the 280mm discs deom above... then what? Using stock calipers from the R, or something else? Will the stock calipers fit with the above discs?

Might do this this month!!

gtir bean

early evo callipers or fto gpx ones.you could porobably make it work with standard callipers using a bracket but better to use the twin pot ones.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
first off you need to get evo I -III calipers and carriers, the evo discs fit but you need to drill them out to fit the gtir PCD. if you buy new discs from a clio 172 they will fit straight on without having to drill them out.

if you go on the eurocarparts website and look up say a 2002 clio phase II with a 2.0l 16v engine it will give you a list of parts available - just look up the brakes and you should see 280mm discs listed

i will make up a 'how to do' next week - thats when i'm attempting it! :)