evo brakes

gtir bean

has anybody fitted thairs yet?i got a set of mitsubishi sigma brakes today and as far as i can see they are exactly the same.i drilled the disks and put them in place to see what i would have to change to get them to fit and all i have to do is drill out the hub for the thicker bolts,make up brake lines and make a spacer about 6mm thick to put behind the disk so it clears the carrier for the pads.is this the same with the evo brakes?its the same 2 pot calliper but im not sure if its slightl different or not.same size of disks too and oly cost £40 for the whole set up.

gtir bean

none,there from a sigma but from what i can tell there the same.it seem that they are going to fit the same anyway.

pulsar_stu

Are they bigger calipors on the sigma then??? what size are they?? and can you get uprated pads for the sigma??

cheers, Stu.

gtir bean

the callipers appear to be the same as evo 1,2,3 ones.there the same 2pot anyway and look identical.276mm disks too but there 5 stud.the calliper is much bigger than the standard gtir one and the pads are much bigger.i would think evo pads will fit so performance pads would be easy to find.

cmng

i have mentioned before
it just plug and play with small mod on the bolt hole only and drill the PCD to 100 x 4 only
it is popular conversion at my country

ashills

a guy on the mlr can get pads from a company called carbotech i used these on my old evo and will be putting them on my next they are brilliant
guys name is ian (thetyrant)

gtir bean

i think i will buy some evo disks because to fit the sigma ones i will need a spacer behind the disk.if anyone has some evo disks can they measure the distance from the inner disk surface to the inner surface that butts ont the hub please?just so i han see how different the sigma disks are.

gtir bean

well i fitted them yesterday with clio 172 disks:roll: and they work a treat.i can now stop when the brakes are cold and use a lot less effort in general.only thing i had to do with the clio disks was put washers behind them to act as a spacer to move the disk out slightly but this may be because i have sigma callipers instead of evo ones.i would need to have a proper look at the carriers on the evo ones to be sure.the disks have the same stud pattern and the centre bore is the same or maybe 1mm out but they require no mods;-) .only cost £56 for them too.:)

Dooie Pop Pop

cmng said:
i have mentioned before
it just plug and play with small mod on the bolt hole only and drill the PCD to 100 x 4 only
it is popular conversion at my country
are you absolutely 100% positive about this?:?

iv have been told i might need to remove some metal from one of the caliper retaining bolt holes on the nissan side to get the bolts into the caliper (but which hole?) and that i might have to shim out the disk a little as already mentioned:?

id be dead chuffed if it is 100% p+p i only need the retaining bolts and im ready to fit:thumbsup:

Dooie Pop Pop

thought id take a few pics to see if we can get a little confirmation on the sigma calipers:-D

to me they look the same but i have found 3 sets of numbers you could check, my calipers came from an evo3 im 85% sure:lol: iv been told that the 1-3calipers are exactly the same anyway;-)

number shown is 418
clicky

number shown is 3ZQ
clicky

number shown is 2207
clicky

anyone needing the nissubishi brake lines should get in touch with Markturbo either on here or the modifiers club, he did mine (top job) hope that helps clear things up:-D

Stu

Last edited:
D

danmo

Let us know how fitting them goes, and if u could get some pics up once it's done that would be great.
Cheers.

gtir bean

ill try and check the numbers on mine.you need to drill the holes in the hub to 12mm and ellongate one or both of them sjightly with a file or whatever.the evo ones are very slightly closer together.the only thing thats different to look at is that the sigma ones have a screw fitting for the flexi instead of a banjo bolt.not the best pics but i will get some with the wheel off when i paint them properly.

JAMMA

Dooie Pop Pop said:
thought id take a few pics to see if we can get a little confirmation on the sigma calipers:-D

to me they look the same but i have found 3 sets of numbers you could check, my calipers came from an evo3 im 85% sure:lol: iv been told that the 1-3calipers are exactly the same anyway;-)

number shown is 418
clicky

number shown is 3ZQ
clicky

number shown is 2207
clicky

anyone needing the nissubishi brake lines should get in touch with Markturbo either on here or the modifiers club, he did mine (top job) hope that helps clear things up:-D

Stu

Just had a look at my Evo calipers and the only numbers that match is the 2207. Mine are from and Evo 1 tho. Ive also been told that Evo 1 - 3 calipers are deffinately the same.

Dooie Pop Pop

J44MAA said:
Just had a look at my Evo calipers and the only numbers that match is the 2207. Mine are from and Evo 1 tho. Ive also been told that Evo 1 - 3 calipers are deffinately the same.
me too, guess thats the one that counts then:) :lol:

dobby

Where do you get the calipers from?
The conversion seems pretty simple to do but when you space the clio disks is there enough thread on the studs for wheelnuts.
One more q. Is the performance much better than standard shite? I've had scary moments with mine even just driving normal.

thanks.

mark

Last edited:

gtir bean

i think i moved the disk out by only about 4mm so plenty of thread left on the studs.you dont notice the wheels being further out or anything.iv not been able to try them under hard use yet but so far they are much better.i had red stuff pads on the stanhard brakes so they were gash untill they got hot anyway:roll: .i just went to a local breakers yard and took them off the car and paid for them.some shogun ones are the same but dont know what ones.:-D