Error Code Check

warringtonjack

Is there any way to do an error code check without using the engine warning light? my engine warning light bulb was removed at some point in the past. :roll: Thinking I may be having a knock sensor issue.

youngsyp

Consult or Conzult are the only other ways of interrogating the ECU for fault codes.

Just take the binnacle out and put the bulb back in. It's a fairly simple job !

M

Mark N14 SR20DE

I don't think that a knocksensor failure result in a enginefailure light up, in our P10 SR20DE it didn't.

As writen above, the consult give a failure in a few seconds.

warringtonjack

Right, need some help here. I swapped the bulb in the engine check light and still nothing. Doesnt even come on when ignition is turned on, is there a fuse just for this circuit somewhere?? Also, took the ecu out and the red light doesn't work either, it does flicker now and then so I know its not the bulb gone.

Anyone shed any light on this?? :?

Fusion Ed

The bulb is connected directly to the ecu - no fuse. I would either try another ecu or get a computer plugged in and any codes read that way.

frp

I have the blatz gear, gives your error codes no prob. seems a very good piece of kit. money well spent i think. Just need more time to look at all the functions like the map trace? sounds interesting.
steve

snoon

frp said:
I have the blatz gear, gives your error codes no prob. seems a very good piece of kit. money well spent i think. Just need more time to look at all the functions like the map trace? sounds interesting.
steve
Let us know how you get on with it and if it is worth it I might get one.

Cheers

snoon

have probably seen your R about!

What have you used the software for so far? Have you got a Z32?

snoon

frp - what have you used yours for? What benefits are you getting form it?

Nismo-400R - I'll keep my eye out for it round near my work.