Engine truble

dunnergtir

I'm looking for a bit of help ?
I think a piston is gone or a set of rings.
Has planing to do a rebuild in the new year just not so soon.
Looking for some advice on pistons was looking at ,HKS, TOMEI, JE, WISECO, JUN and so on .So need some help with info on what to use thanks .:thumbsup:

J

justin666

What makes you think you have a piston or rings on the way out?? Is it smokey, Missing, running rough, low compression, knocking, all of them:shock: !!!! ???

Piston choice... Up to you really. HKS are proven but quite expensive, JE's are pretty good and if you buy them direct from topend performance in the states you will get them at a very good price :thumbsup: I think I paid under 400 quid for mine all in to my door :thumbsup: JE's do make the R sound like a taxi tho on cold start up :lol: :lol: All I can advise is dont buy them from anywhere in the UK cause you will get robbed blind!!!

J.

Fazz

sorry to hear stephen, but do a compression test to see for sure....

i went for je pistons and contrary to report s, they do not sound lik taxi noise as i expected ... mayb it was my engine builder but he followed the clearance dimensions and certainly seems sweet....

got from topend also, paid circa E600.
hks will cost you E1k, or wiseco's round E700 i think...

hope its not rebuild time jus yet, you might be lucky...

dunnergtir

Just did a compression test 1,2,3, have 155 psi :-D
But number 4 has 40 psi :cry: ,so i think is time for a rebuild :doh: a well was planing one in the new year just not so soon .I think a ring or a ring land on the piston is gone .Have a bonus coming in jan so going to order the parts then .Was looking at the HKS cylinder liners because my other engine the block cracked across number 2 and 3 cylinder only $500 = 380 euro .My brother has ROSS pistons in his car and it sounds like a massey Ferguson on cold start :der: also he uses pauter con rods http://www.pauter.com/nissan.htm so have a few weeks to make up my mind thanks lads. :thumbsup: