Engine removal and strip...help!

deank93

Hi,

I need some help! i have sold my engine and need to get it out of the car stripped of all anncilleries ready to be shipped off to its new home in New Zealand.

The problem that i have is that i'm rubbish and have not got the first clue about how to do it, i'm happy to pay the going rate and i do make a smashing cup of tea.

Has anyone used GBH motorsport in Colchester? i might end up getting the car to them and then hire a low loader to get the shell back home.

Cheers, Dean.

Mr GTiR

Get Kieron to take it out for you. Any garage will charge you an arm and a leg. Make it worth my while and i'll come and do it for you.....

KF79GTIR

Mr GTiR said:
Get Kieron to take it out for you. Any garage will charge you an arm and a leg. Make it worth my while and i'll come and do it for you.....
He means lots of Stella & KFC then. :thumbsup:

turblio

I have heard a whisper that a certain Nisstek ex owner now works at GBH! I wonder if he has paid all his debts yet (sorry mods a bit off topic)

P

pulsarboby

where are you dean, and when do you need it done by?

P

pulsarboby

oy! im not a scouser, with a tash and shellsuit you know:roll: :lol:

im just a pikey in a transit pickup truck:lol:

stumo

pulsarboby said:
oy! im not a scouser, with a tash and shellsuit you know:roll: :lol:

im just a pikey in a transit pickup truck:lol:
Don't forget the curly hair!!

deank93

turblio said:
I have heard a whisper that a certain Nisstek ex owner now works at GBH! I wonder if he has paid all his debts yet (sorry mods a bit off topic)
I heard that one too....i called them today to try and get an idea on how much they would want to remove my engine and thought i'd make an enquiry on engine build prices and asked who there builder was....they wouldn't say.

deank93

pulsarboby said:
where are you dean, and when do you need it done by?

I'm in Steepleview, Basildon.

Ideally i'd like to get it done as soon as is possible, i've just had an offer for my new house accepted so am keen to get my grubby hands on the buyers money.

deank93

steven_c said:
i take it your stripping the car then

Just the engine, maybe the front bumper and then i'm selling the rest as a rolling shell.

I supose i'll be left with my dump valve, turbo, manifold, front mount intercooler, clutch and flywheel from the engine strip.

deank93

Mr GTiR said:
Such a waste Dean. You should drop in a standard lump and get the car back to stock and sell.

I have thought about that, but wasn't sure it'd be cost effective, prices on standard cars are so low at the moment that by the time i've paid for buying and fitting a standard engine i'd end up making the same amount as selling the shell, bumper and a few other remaining bits but at least then it'd be with minimal agro......I feel bad breaking the car but i think its the only way to walk away a couple of quid let in your pocket, needs must and all that.

Jgti-R

I use GBH in colchester and have always found them very reasonable!
and an excellent level of workmanship compared to some 'tuners' i've used in the past!

the ex nisstek guy may only be there to pay off some debts to them but you didn't hear that from me!

deank93

Thought i'd bump it back up....anyone in the south got a little spare time and want a couple of quid in there pocket???