End of an era

Fire & skill

Vintage member
What can I say, nearly ten years playing with the Datsuns, being Scotland Gtiroc rep in the process too. I made so many friends over the years and the little car has played a big part in my life :peace: so many people have come and gone and some have came back as they missed the little cars so much. I've tried in the past to move on to other cars, and have had (amongst others) a GTO, GT4 and my Lancia Integrale which was the Edinburghcruise cover car back in the day 8) but I always went back to the Gti-R.

well the time has come and I said goodbye to an old friend last night :sad:

What can I say, I've loved 'nearly' every minute of owning it, ive had some really good times and some really awful ones too :frusty:

It's just time to move on - and I'm on the hunt for the next project, one thing for sure it will be Jap!

whytie

How about a mr2 turbo ?

Seriously hairy car to drive but mega fun, anyone who says hairdressers car has not driving one.

I'm thinking of selling mine

W

webadmin

Sorry to see you are leaving the gtir scene.

Good luck with your new project and keep us updated.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Rich, thank you for all your help and support over the last nine years mate, shame to see you go. Good luck with your future projects mate, be sure to let us know what you get up to .........

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Well, this is what I've replaced the R with - TBH I've hankered after one for years lol

This is the new project

Hachi Roku - AE86 Levin Apex GT coupe 8)
only been in the UK a year, has sat unused since import. So as fresh as they come, shes not without her faults but its the best one available out there that I could find. Anyone who has ever looked for one would realise they are very difficult to find in this condition. I have quite a few plans for her but for now will just enjoy as it is.

Current spec:

1987 facelift model ae86 levin GT twincam coupe
Rare black over graphite metallic.
Original 87 black dash/black interior carpet.
Original facelift grille with fog lights fitted.
Original levin mats front and back.
Original levin mud flaps.
Oem decals.
Electric side mirrors.
15" BR jdm light weight split rim dish alloys.
Bride reclinable driver seat.
S/steel exhaust system
4 branch manifold.
Uprated clutch
light weight flywheel.
Uprated cams (unknown)
uprated lateral rod/ panhard bar,
TRD 2 way LSD .
Rear TRD blue 8 way adjustable shocks.
TRD blue lowering springs.
Front camber adjustable pillow ball mounts,
adjustable coilovers.
Personel leather steering wheel.

vpulsar

That looks very nice mate I bet that didn't come cheap they hold their value very well indeed.

Funny how you're leaving and I'm just coming back, But I suppose you've left so many times now it's getting a bit boring lol

Rob

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Yeah I know - I was happy here until you turned up lol

But I really needed to try something else, I need to get it out my system. I'm glad you approve btw

vpulsar

Yeah I know - I was happy here until you turned up lol

But I really needed to try something else, I need to get it out my system. I'm glad you approve btw

They're a cracking little car, Well they're if you don't chav it up or fit bloody orange wheels lol.

Rob