Dvla want to no about my r

Godzilla

Hey all I just recieved a v253 from dvla telling me to give them engine number ,vin,reg ,colour etc as there Is a problem that has arised it's got me flapping now has anyone had this I'd know about this form , thanks

marcus_g

i got pulled by the po po a few times because someone had the same reg as my car, i had to phone the dvla and give them details about my pulsar too..... maybe it's something similar???

Godzilla

That's what I was thinking that and the guy who had it before me had it as disabled taxation so they could be wanting to change that

Godzilla

yeah the car is fine no moneys owed or pending claims nor has it had anything else wrong with it , think there just after updating there records on it as the log book still says taxation disabled so il struggle to tax it in april , they want just the above details but not from the v5 has to be off the car, even though iv checked when bought it and it all added up or else i wouldnt have got it,

DannyGTI-R

If its still taxed from when you bought it off the disabled owner then the tax is not valid. The car will need re taxing and the old disc sending back.

Godzilla

right that might be it then

just checked my disk and it says PLG on it so not taxed as disabled as they usually say on em disabled dont they my mates old mans does anyway

Last edited:

Godzilla

update rang em this morn and they said an application for a v5 has turned up from the previous owner but it was dated november when he had to apply to get tax , so its all good also on the disabled note i dont have to go to relicense it they have changed it to plg and sending me a new log book out soon ,