dust cover prices

steve963

Just been quoted £28 each for front inner driveshaft boots:shock:

but top this £33 each for rear shocker dust boots:doh: :doh:

anybody know where I can get copies etc cheaper?

P

pulsarboby

go to a local motorfactors and buy a universal cv boot (will cost around a tenner)
as for the damper covers (you cant buy them anywhere other than nissan)
but.....go buy yourself a universal steering rack gator about £7 each and cut the end to fit over the damper, perfect fit and job done lol

steve963

Thanks!
will work for all but passanger side inner boot as this isnt round on the inside, more triangular!

guess I could pay the £27 for just 1

well, you saved me approx £80!!

P

pulsarboby

il have a look in workshop tomorrow as im bound to have one laying around.
give me a bell or text me around 1ish to remind me and il dig one out for you
just cover p+p and you can have it

MarkTurbo

steve963 said:
Thanks!
will work for all but passanger side inner boot as this isnt round on the inside, more triangular!
Ive just done that same cv boot on my car and i paid about £17 for one, that was trade price though. Nissan wanted £37 for it :shock: I didnt even hang around to find out if that was with vat or not :lol:

vss irvine

the outer boots are the same as a 1.6 nissan sunny n14 around £4 +vat from a motor factors. n/s/f are also available from motor factors but ill need to dig out the receipt.

universal cv boots are shite in my opinion!

and for future reference gtir cv joints (outer) are also the same as the 1.6 sunny! both front and rear gtir cv (outer) are the same. ive just reconditioned the 4 driveshafts for our track car.

SunOnGTiR

MarkTurbo said:
Ive just done that same cv boot on my car and i paid about £17 for one, that was trade price though. Nissan wanted £37 for it :shock: I didnt even hang around to find out if that was with vat or not :lol:
The £37 should be including VAT.Because that's what I paid:oops:

steve963

Thanks Bob

nice inner front passanger CV boot:thumbsup:

arrived next day, but Mrs tidy up:doh: so hadnt seen my post for 2 days....