Dump Valves

P

Pulsar_Bitch

Which do you all think is better?

I've got a Blow Off Valve on my car at the moment and was thinking ov swapping it for a Bailey dump valve.

Wots the difference between the 2 or do they just sound different??

mattygti-r

bov and dump valves are the same

if i was you i wouldnt go for the bailey

mine broke when i first go the car :( also think they dump at silly revs :(

Keira

put a bailey on mine when i first got the car, it sounded like a little constipated snake with a small shrew stuck down its throat, i was only running standard boost at the time though, changed it after a week to a turbo xs jobbie which could wake the dead :shock:

J

John Mc

I've got a turboxs one on mine, I think my boost is a little too low for it as it only dumps when booting it, fecking loud when it does though 8) Sounds like a whip cracking :D

I just like the sound of turbo chatter 8)

S

stomski

i had a bailey in my first R-too quiet and all the rs boys have got em :roll:

forge in my 2nd R and that was fcking loud :shock:

and now ive got a HKS SSQ not as loud as the forge but it sounds a bit better i think.

my advice - get a forge, cheap and easy to fit. :wink:

S

Stoned

Bailey dump valve.
Make sure it's not the cheap single piston job, it lets in unmetered air and your R will idle like s**t

I know cos I had one on for a week.

LOU ROB

Dan_GTiR said:
Got a Turbosmart Vee Port BOV on mine and it's loud as f**!
I'm fitting a turbosmart re-circ next week.Prefer the noise of the wastegate rather than the tsshhh of a dump valve :p

A

Anonymous

I've got an Apexi Twin Chamber BOV, which gives a nice "shh tshh tshh" at low revs and not on full boost. but once i let go of the throttle at full swing it makes a loud "whoop(from HKS air filter)and then PSSShhhhtt" from the blow off :lol:
and they are adjustable so you can adjust the loudness of the pssshhhht sound. of course mines on the loudest setting :twisted:

pete-r

ive got a bailey,its not very loud at all.i only hear it when driving the car hard .im thinking of getting the turbosmart one.

K

KRS

I have one of those Sheepdog BOV's, makes a great sound :D

Ive heard there pretty rare...
I like it so much im gonna buy a spare :p

P

Pulsar_Bitch

Yeah I've only seen a few of those Sheepdog ones for sale and they expensive.
From Japan arent they???

Dan_GTiR

LOU ROB said:
Dan_GTiR said:
Got a Turbosmart Vee Port BOV on mine and it's loud as f**!
I'm fitting a turbosmart re-circ next week.Prefer the noise of the wastegate rather than the tsshhh of a dump valve :p

I too get a nice wastegate chatter at part throttle, but give it some welly and it gives off a nice PSSHHtttt

You just need to adjust the tension on the spring. Had this on my old Rover and got the same result. Low revs=wastegate, full throttle=PSSHHtttt

hmmm said:
Which is the loudest Turbosmart BOV? Is it the Megasonic one?
Yes, this is the one with the 2 trumpets on it

Turbosmart Vee Port

Turbosmart Megasonic

Dan. :)

Si..

i've had 2 bailey ones now, the single piston which didnt make my car idle sh*t at all, was loud as f**k and lasted 3 yrs of me driving the car every day,

i've now got the twin piston one which is even louder and has a fantastic chatter

not to mention they are cheap as f**k compared to half the bov's out there.

pete-r

just bought a turboxs,my baileys now for sale if your interested :wink: its only a couple of months old.

Pete Watson

I've fitted a Forge Valve to mine, it's quite load when you are driving hard but in normalish conditions the sound is ok. Have tried a Bailey Valve but found it was too small for the Dump Pipe. Bailey is about 26mm OD, Forge is about 32 OD. In my opinion the Forge one looks better and is of a better build quality.

Cheers Pete