Dump Valves - advice please

A

Anonymous

I currently have a Blitz blow-off valve but am disappointed with its frequency to seize up and it's lack of sound unless I'm going for the land speed record down Southampton High Street (no prizes for guessing where I'm from !).

I'm therefore looking for an efficient dump valve that sounds the b******s, without having to rag your car all the time, and at whatever cost!

Please advise.

P.s. If you do have any good suggestions can you also let me know how to get hold of them.

J

J-GTi-R

Keep an eyeball on Jap Andy's auctions on Ebay (JDM Performance I think he sells under), he sells all sorts of 2nd-hand stuff on there. Wait for a Sheep Dog DV to come up, which he sells quite a few of. Try and get the full atmos one (there's one that does both recirc and atmos venting at the same time), as that's the loudest and is adjustable.

It's the best sounding DV I've ever heard and was gutted whe I found out they don't make them any more. It's fully adjustable and very well made, but now 2nd hand only (at least you'll get it for a good price thoough).

Also try and hold out for an SR20DET one, they are different for each application.

J

J-GTi-R

Oi!! I have some issues with two poeple on here, namely gti-r kid and wizgti, you're both bloody bidding on a Sheep Dog DV I'm watching!! Lol!!!

Ok, so it's my fault for telling you guys before I actually got one myself and I probably won't get this one either (still enjoying the noise I get from the standard DV through my filter), but hey... good luck guys!

S

Sunny Nutter

I have a Forge atmospheric DV,
its really loud....I love the PSSSSHHHH! :lol:

G

GTI-R Kid

J-GTi-R said:
Oi!! I have some issues with two poeple on here, namely gti-r kid and wizgti, you're both bloody bidding on a Sheep Dog DV I'm watching!! Lol!!!
:p :twisted: :p

All's fair in love and bidding! lol

What can i say - i listened to your advice. But i'll leave it for now (just been outbid) as i have more pressing bits i need to get my hands on.

For the record I also have a Forge Atmos dumpvalve. Wasn't very happy when i first got it but then discovered that the spring was too stiff for the boost i was running. I got on to Forge and they sent me out a weaker spring (free of charge which was brilliant) and it sorted the problem nicely.

J

jaigtir

Got to say forgemotorsport too. My one is quite loud :D . Mind you its gotta be to contend with my exhaust

W

wizgti

J-GTi-R said:

Ok, so it's my fault for telling you guys before I actually got one myself and I probably won't get this one either (still enjoying the noise I get from the standard DV through my filter), but hey... good luck guys!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
I'm trying to win it cos you recommend it so I presumed you had one. If I don't like it I'll give you first chance of buying it ( at 1.5 times the price of course :wink: )

G

GTI-R Kid

wizgti said:
If I don't like it I'll give you first chance of buying it ( at 1.5 times the price of course :wink: )
You have to win it first! :wink: :twisted: :wink:

SunOnGTiR

HKS Super Sequential BOV 8)
Nice to see somebody in Southampton with a good taste in cars :wink:
It's half the UK price in Japan :shock:

Sweeny

Hey guys, don't mean to rub your nose in it. But i just won that Prof (Sheep Dog) BOV.

Its up for sale!!

Any offers.

Kiddin!!

I'll let you know what it sounds like when i get it from our good friend in Japan :D :D :D

W

wizgti

Nice-although £95 for a 2nd hand dump valve was a bit too rich for me.
Let us know what it sounds like though!

Ta
Andrew