door cards

nitrosgti-r

Im going to be making some door cards soon from .6mm ally.

If i get some pics up, who would be interested in some?

nitrosgti-r

ok chaps thats great news. I will be working on them at the weekend so should have some pics up by monday hopefully.

So thats:

1 Me (obviously)
2 catchmeifyoucan
3 tim
4 jimmyback

anymore?

nitrosgti-r

To save weight mainly (albeit not very much) and if you have stripped your R of the existing cards it will tidy it up alot and make it look much nicer :)

Tim

Is this just for the front?

Fancy making some that cover the holes left behind when you take the cards out of the rear?

P

pulsarboby

il have some front ones please brett as i cant be assed making them. can you make a cutout for window switch in them please, so it fits flush!

nitrosgti-r

il have some front ones please brett as i cant be assed making them. can you make a cutout for window switch in them please, so it fits flush!
I will certainly have a look at it bobby if i find my old window switches as i ditched mine ages ago.

looks like im gonna be busy for the next couple of weeks then :) happy days

1 Me (obviously) - front and rear
2 catchmeifyoucan - ?
3 tim - front and rear
4 jimmyback - ?
5 pulsarboby - front

Last edited:

nitrosgti-r

1 Me (obviously) - front and rear
2 catchmeifyoucan - front and rear
3 tim - ?front and rear?
4 jimmyback - ?
5 pulsarboby - front

Ideas on price before i commit 100% but like i say, very interested!
Well i will give out a deffo price when iv done mine so i can see how much work is involved and time it takes etc. But as it is i recon it might cost around £40 front and rear and £30 for just fronts. THIS price isnt set in stone yet, just a very approximate guess.

Last edited:

nitrosgti-r

ok, the these are made now so will get pics up later.

Unfortunately i havnt made them with a cut out for the window switch as i dont know how ppl would want it located etc. The ally is easy enough to cut and bend to shape so you have the option of putting it where you like now.

The sheets will come cut to shape with the cut out for the interior door catch so all you need to do is slot the door card over the latch and drill hole and fit up. I will give you the option weather or not you want me to drill the cards for you in the places i have, but some might want fitments drilled in other places etc so then you can do that yourselfs.

I have made these so its as easy as poss to fit, however, i have found that you will need to tape the wires on the doors in such a way that the door cards will allow a flush fit against the door. (see pic)

I have decided to include the screws in this kit and x2 3mm drill bits cos i know what a pain in the ass it is for some ppl to get the right stuff cos im my experience they are either out of stock or just dont stock what i need!!

Anyway, prices are as stated before but this wont include postage. I will find out postage costs upon request.

I will take cheque cos my paypal is down as i need to register somat on there and the pin code thing was sent to my old address via mail and the new owners are playing up.

PM me if you want one and ill give you all details.

nitrosgti-r

cheers fella. Took me ages to get these right but now i have the template all is good. The rears were the hardest to do as i had to keep clambering all over the seat belts and water inj pump and im not getting any younger either lol