do you know this car???

what a load of shit, good mechanicals are the first thing you look for, almost anything from sills, chassis rails, arches etc etc

can be sorted in time.
I'm the opposite, I bloody hate body work as I can't do it myself, my welding is poor and I can't paint to a standard I'm happy with. Also I hate cars that have floor pans which look like patch work quilts. I'm not bad at weilding spanners so mechanics don't bother me too much. But I suppose it depends on what you're happier working on.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
When i read adverts i always look at how they are written. Also when people put things like "oh been quoted 50 quid to get it done, which is why the price is reduced" Why not do it then sell the car with out the fault. When they start using words and phrases like "innit, top out at 150,beats Ferrari's, its 400bhp not been rolling roaded, oh i have miss placed the receipt" then i really do just hit the back button lol
Ditto. - If they clearly don't know what they've got, or they can't string a sentence together, then I stop reading.

Corkers like "itz got an hks pfc" - Really? I didn't think A'Pexi supplied their parts to HKS for re-branding.
"i wuz racing a mat on da m6 an is fasta then coz" - You what? You've been thrashing the crap out it on public roads? Does that mean the engine is knackerd, and it's now know to the Police? That's the car for me then!

I'm not asking for perfection. I'd settle for most of the words spelt right, and in a sensible order. Make it honest and open; if someone drives miles to look at the car only to find you didn't tell them about the damage/rust/smoke/wheels, they won't be happy and it won't sell.

chopper

Turner929 where are you i'm in bury st edmunds?

Mine was a bit of an impulse buy if i'm honest. Ad was good lots of pictures which all looked good. didnt even test drive it paid and had it delivered. had lots of reciepts with it also. Thats why i took it down to Bob straight away for he to check it over and he seems happy with it.
If a shitter is going cheap enough and you can do the work yourself there is enough 2nd hand bits around to make it pretty good for not a lot of money. but if you dont want to do anything then i would be buying one witha good rep. THEN LOOK AFTER IT!
Thats why i didnt mind and took the risk as part of me wanted a ongoing project which i can work on.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
I bought my current r like that lol, didn't even see it, paid for it and had it shipped via shipley. Bob knew the car and gave me an honest appraisal, got to say he was pretty accurate. Got the seller to do a couple of walkround vids, starting the car up etc. I know you should never buy a car like that but worked out fine for me