Do Cheaper R's Work Out?

S

Stevie-Boy

Don't worry mate, I'm a moderator on the Primera Owners club and often point people towards the famous search button. I'm all too aware of people asking which oil is best when the search button would reveal a million different fifty page threads thrashing the subject out!! :)

I felt daft enough asking this question as I'm sure it will have been asked before so I appreciate you taking the time out to respond like you have.

I will keep my eyes peeled and whatever will be will be, if anyone sees one which sounds ideal for me and remembers my name, I would appreciate the tip off :wink:

Keira

Stevie-Boy said:
I'm all too aware of people asking which oil is best when the search button would reveal a million different fifty page threads thrashing the subject out!! :)
oh how so very true :lol:

W

woodster

good luck mate, i myself will be looking for a good GTi -R soon, but hopefully i might have a bit more money to spend if everything goes to plan :wink: 8) 8) 8)

S

Stevie-Boy

Good luck to you aswell then bud! :D

I'm still looking hard, not sure where and how to move on one though. I don't want to go and see one from ebay incase the bidding takes it way over budget and I'm reluctant about buying one of those trade ones from autotrader as they never look clean.
I just want something tidy and next door to standard, just a reliable one which hasn't been given too much boost. I could be asking a lot there but when you look, there are a canny few cheaper R's for sale, I just don't wanna buy the wrong one!!

gtir bean

just have a good look at the car and suss out the owner and you should get an idea if they have looked after it going by what they have done to it and how long they have had it.i got mine for just over 3k but if i was more clued up i would have offered less but it was still ok for what i paid.

S

Stevie-Boy

kieron said:
got mine off a trader found on autotrader so wrong again :wink: :lol:
That's interesting, don't traders charge more for the same thing given the fact that they have a living to make etc? Wouldn't a 2.5k car from a trader cost about 2k from a private seller? I might contact a few though and see what they'd give for my Primera, would make life so much easier if a deal could be done rather than selling mine and then starting the search for one of these. I find it hard to trust traders, the last time I bought a car from a trader (years ago), it broke down the night I bought it. They had bypassed the heater matrix with a small piece of tube which came loose, water everywhere, car overheated. To me, those guys know the secrets to getting a car out of the door which really needs some serious attention!!

6Miester

kieron said:
a tank a week (£40) you should be ok

should see 200miles on that easily on a standard car whilst still enjoying yourself :wink:

:shock: I wish mine managed 200 miles on a tank! Saying its easy is the problem i have with that statement :wink:

Must...drive...slow.....conserve....fue......Whaaaaaaaarp tish....Bugger :cry:

S

Stevie-Boy

Just saw this on the trader:

NISSAN PULSAR GTi-R 2.0 Turbo , 2 Doors, Manual 5 speed, Coupe, Petrol, 1991 , 47,000 miles, Black. 1 Year MOT, 6 Months Tax, Air-Conditioning, Central Door Locking, Electric Adjustable Mirror, fog lights, power steering. mobile: 07789 430690 £2,595

Anyone heard of Jap Sports in London? The pics looks fine:

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=11943&pageid=1

Anyone in London NW4 that could pop and take a peep at this for me?

stuarty

Yup nothing any differant about buying a pulsar do lots of research and just get a few checked out idependently......... you never know if you get someone whos been trying to sell for a while might come up lucky..... still think you should buy one god damn best car i ever bought :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good luck with what ever you get :wink:

S

Stevie-Boy

Re: Kendal

Tony-turbo said:
I live in keswick mate and have a Grey Gtir on 17's

Tony.
Don't suppose you're even in Kendal?! I would love to see an R properly, never actually been in one, I just know I love them and need one :lol:

I think I just need to get out there and look at a few and get a feel for what people are offering for the money really.

I wish I had the 3.5k to buy that White one, it is beautiful. Someone will get a lovely car there, just a shame it couldn't be me!! :cry:

S

Stevie-Boy

Just seen this description on an ebay one for sale:

nissan pulsar gtir 4wd import 2.0 turbo 1992 K plate.58K,300bhp very very fast,slight modifications in engine for more power.taxed and tested 2 months remaining, unabused model,hardly been driven kept in garage,rare colour cream, rare sunroof and umbrella unit,running on 7 bars of boost,standard 4 gauges,CLIFFORD ALARM SYSTEM, electric windows and mirrors.slight rust on arches very less.immaculate inside,very good condition outside.big bore exhaust,baileys dump valve,modified anchubator,HKS filter,excellent turbo,17" mania wheels dark chrome worth a £1000.momo steering and gear nob, short shift gearbox, sports clutch.A BOY RACERS CAR.spits fire from exhaust after 6 thousand revs.starts and drives perfectly, turbo works perfectly after 3 thousand revs with a very powerful boost and push back.the car has been maintained as it is my pride and joy. will be sorry to see it go. Any questions or offers please call on 07707250595

Slight modifications yet running an earth shattering seven bars of boost!! My god, surely he doesn't even mean 7PSI as this would never return 300bhp with minor modifications?? I hope he's uprated those internals!!

A boy racers car? I think not.

Mark_GTiR

I saw this one a while back - it's a really nice colour. Someone has got themselves a great looking car there if the pictures do it justice.

Mark