Do all Gti-r have oil cooler?

D

Diesel Fumes

Mine has an oil cooler blocking most of the rad. I want to put on FMIC but it seems as though the oil cooler lines are in the way. What is the best way around this?

EVOBAD

i think that might be the power streing cooler is it 14inch long thin pipeing if so just put it behind the intercooler its easy

Fazz

Recommend moving your oil cooler either to one of the front brake vents or to just in front of the rad where there should still be room for a front mount in front if it. ITs been done many times so can't see you having a problem other than it was done before front mount fitting. You should be fine.

warringtonjack

Sounds like its just the power steering cooler run. Mine was flexible enough to be moved a smidgeon, so it now sits between the radiator (behind) and the FMIC (in front). Hope this helps.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
They all have a factory cooler at the rear of the engine. Front mounts are after market. A Long horizontal U bend piece of metal is the PS cooler.

It might be the aircon thingy you're on about. If so, just remove the whole aircon set up.

D

Diesel Fumes

Fast Guy said:
They all have a factory cooler at the rear of the engine. Front mounts are after market. A Long horizontal U bend piece of metal is the PS cooler.

It might be the aircon thingy you're on about. If so, just remove the whole aircon set up.
Ouch, I dont want to do that. I think its actually just the powersteering lines. Its going to be a really tight fit, even if the lines weren't there at all.