Diffs

A few questions here:

1. Whats the standard diff type and set up on the front, centre and back(1 way i imagine?)

2. What's the Nismo diff type and setup?

3. Which is the best option to go with on the R?

4. Which brand (have seen Quaife, Cusco and Modena)?

Cheerz

vpulsar

The front is normally an open diff unless your extremely lucky and get one with an lsd the rear is a viscous diff as is the centre i believe but I'm not 100% sure it's been a while.

Jon Olds

If your into cornering hard on the power you will lift the inside rear wheel and loose drive due to wheelspin.
Viscous type diff. Very annoying
Jon

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Standard setup is fr;open. Centre; viscous. Rear ;viscous. They are two way in operation. Options were in the day gone..up rated nismo viscous centre and rear or nismo 1,1.5,2way for front centre and rear. You can still find them as well as buy modena atb for the front.

Nismo one's are still available? That's surprising. I thought they were ultra rare? Where can can they be gotten at?

What would be the best set up? Cusco suggest 1.5 way for the front and 2 way for the rear, but why wouldn't you have a 2 way for all 3?

vpulsar

I got my nismo new from the states but that was nearly 3 years ago now so I've no idea how you'd get on now.