diff bangs

O

oddbodd

:shock: car klunks every time i but my foot on the load peddle when coasting in any gear any speed sounds like diff cuming from the back of the car. what do i need to replace and is it easy lol

hmmm

Not a good sign. Imagine the diff malfunctioning whilst driving round a corner at speed. :shock:

geetee

I've got this too recently. A clunk from the rear of the car going on or off the gas. Also more whining from the rear diff at lower speeds when I can hear it over the goose.

Preparing my bank balance for replacing or repairing the rear diff, and in the meantime turning the stereo up louder :lol:

Dunno what will happen if it gives way. I guess one of the following..
1. Catastrophic failure - both rear wheels lock. Not soo bad.
2. Semi-catastrophic failure - one rear wheel locks sending me into a massive spin.
3. Limp failure - no drive to the rear wheels.

Oh well, I only spend 90% of my time at motorway speeds in rush hour on the M25 and M1. Nothing to worry about I guess. :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

O

oddbodd

Hello JD ,

It does sound like it’s the diff , or it could be one of the mounting bushes , so you should check those also . If it is the diff , then its going to be easier to get a second hand one , as new ones are expensive .

Regards

Ian

thats what hi teq said