Det prob, Actuator Question

S

swawuk

I think you just do the same as getting the fault codes up. short the same two pins then hold for couple of secs. Me think...

Braveheart

If your knock sensor is knackered, according to the forum, you should get a code 34 up from the get-go.
After an ECU reset, I have treated my motor with kid gloves (not above 6K). Filled it with the best of fuel and even added nitro to lift the ron. The knock sensor has not raised it's ugly head agian but i'm still waiting.

S

swawuk

I'm getting a new sensor, this should clear the fault. Then i'll check the timing if the ecu is all clear.

One thing im worried about is that when i played with my mates clio, i blew a hose off chasing him. i went to park up after reattaching it and it was running really bad. I was low on fuel but havent got round to looking at it yet. I hope I havent broken anything, i'm just too impatient, i want to play with it when its not running right. Hope i havent learnt the hard way.

Braveheart

Are u takin the ****.
Chill-out and do not do anything silly. To me, it sounds like a mater of timing or a sensor. Either way it's fixable.

Braveheart

It's difficult to break when you have error code 34. Step back and address the issue..

P.S. Sorry to be so preaching!

S

swawuk

Thats ok. Think cause ive spent so much time on it, its frustrating it not being right first time. This is really a learning curve as well, havent really worked on cars properly, except this. Had an audi s3 few years back but never had to work on it. luckily.

Like you said i need to just sit back and think about it.

Braveheart

exactly... u are lucky that u have something there that somebody has spent a bit of cash on. When I bought my GTiR it had straw under the bonnet and shit on the wheels. I want a second GTiR now for the track. They are mad and much fun. Beats my Yam R1 on a dark night.

S

swawuk

Saying that, This had straw, sheep and cows living in the engine bay. lol. The lump had been put in but not plumbed in.

I will get there, just got a sensor on order thanks to Andy (cheers). Hopefully get this thing running right before the first santa pod (end of jan).

Ive always loved the look of R's my mate had three even though he hated how they looked.

Braveheart

Braveheart said:
If your knock sensor is knackered, according to the forum, you should get a code 34 up from the get-go.
After an ECU reset, I have treated my motor with kid gloves (not above 6K). Filled it with the best of fuel and even added nitro to lift the ron. The knock sensor has not raised it's ugly head agian but i'm still waiting.
I took the car out today... drove it enthusiastically and it complained by throwing up code 34 again so I am going to source another knock sensor....

Anybody go a spare knock sensor for sale?

Braveheart

"just got a sensor on order thanks to Andy (cheers)."

Hi Steve,
Hope this finds you well!
I need a knock sensor.... did you buy new or second hand?

S

swawuk

I got a second hand one. Think my one was ok though, My car is overfueling because it has uprated injectors but still got the standard ecu set up. Im getting a emange then going to get it remapped, hopefully this will get rid of 34!!!