Denso 700cc Injectors - Emanage - 1.3 Bar

Gray

I was originally going to put 700cc injectors in my motor as hiteq said the standard injectors wont be able to keep up at 1.3 BAR.

Then I goto DP and they said with 700cc at 1.3 bar and standard turbo ill get borewash and that they only put 700ccs on when you get to around 2 bar and they use standard injectors at 1.3.

So who do I believe and will any of this matter if I have an emanage fitted? Cos surely ill then be able to regulate the amount of fuel going in via the 700cc injectors thus eliminating bore wash.

Heard so many conflicting things from so many people not sure what to do now.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The standard injectors would be close to being maxed out but should go to 1.3 bar on a standard turbo. With an uprated fuel pump and a adjustable fuel reg they would be fine. My car used to set up using a larger turbo @ 1.2 bar with standard injectors and it was Ian who set it all up.

In the long term, what sort of power were you hoping to get and was 1.3 the max boost you want to run ??

Personally I would side with Ian as far as these things go.

And if you were going to stick with the standard turbo and 1.3 bar for now then the 700 injectors are a little on the large size, 550's or 600's would have been better.

ashills

700s are best bet
gtir management is good enough to retain a nice idle still with them
and u would be very close to limit of standard at 1.3 bar
the emanage would show u this anyhow by looking at the data logging figures etc

Gray

So would it run sweet with the 700cc's and the emanage if setup correctly or will bore wash occur anyhow?

ashills

bore wash is not an issue atall some people live in the old days and think all management systems are like cossie managent and cant run to bigger injectors without idle problems etc

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
700cc injectors, 1.3 Bar WTF :shock: :shock: :shock:

Really don't agree with Hiteq on that one though I don't know the detail of your conversation.

Reference our own FAQ:

http://bb.gtiroc.com/viewtopic.php?t=17848

If you're looking far into the future and around 450hp then go ahead and fit them, it will save you money in the long run.

Standard injectors will go up to 1.4Bar about 330hp as an owner on here has done it. I and many other people have run 1.2Bar all day (Around 93% duty). 1.3Bar is tight at 95% duty once you consider their performance might be 5% down due to age etc.

If you're worried, get your injectors serviced and fit an FPR or fit 550cc. For 1.3Bar both are a better solution than 700cc.

700cc will work but you won't get the same resolution for tuning compared to the 440 or 550 so making tuning more difficult.

Its like trying to hit a golf ball 100 yards with a 4 wood, it will work but its more difficult to do than with a 5 iron. I'm not a golfer by the way but I think its a good analogy for using the tools or fitting the parts that are designed for the purpose.

Gray

So if 700cc's will work at 1.3 bar then thats ok

the only reason is is that i already have them and i dont have the funds to go out and buy 550's if the 700s will still work

i know theyre overkill but aslong as they work well im not that bothered - if i was at the point of buying injectors then obviously id go for 550s but i already have the 700s now.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Ask around and see if anyone will do a swap - Thats what I did - and went from 760's to 600's

gtirneil

Gray matey, dont go to the cr@p company in wigan, take your car to Hyper SR, they are Greddy dealers and know there stuff. He mapped my car to 1.2bar safley as Hiteq wouldnt go above 1 bar.

Gray

I'm swapping my 700's for some 550's and got it booked in with hyper sr on 22nd March just before the rolling road day ive got on the 25th :twisted:

They are about £100 more expensive than Hiteq but I havent got a clue when Hiteq will be able to do it and I need to get it done before I blow the money on something else.

Going for 1.3 bar max I think on the standard tubby might think about getting an uprated tubby in the future and the 550's should still be able to go a bit higher as far as boost goes aswell.

So at 1.3 bar am I looking at about 330bhp?

gtirneil

i think you should hit 330 with that, i got 303 at 1.2 bar but with dodgy fuel pump and still on TMIC.

Chris will do a good job for you at Hyper SR

Mark_GTiR

I'm liking your style Gray mate. The car has come on a hell of a long way since I saw you at the NW RR day.

It's good to see a car progress and it looks like things are well underway with both looks and performance.

Good look mate one of my fav cars at the moment on here.

Mark

Gray

Cheers Mark it has come an awful long way since I bought it in August and since the rolling road day

Its how I've always wanted it and have had experience with the N14 before as I had a fake GTIR 1.4 Sunny but it looked the part lol

Glad to know my efforts are being recognised 8)

You coming to the NW meet mark on 19th?

G

GTiR Jon

Just had mine setup with standard injectors at 1.2 bar and the emanage says injectors are at 85% capacity. Just thought i'd mention it