Decent weight

G

GTiRich

I know this has probably been asked before. I'm buying a new set of alloys. I seen some nice Enkei ones for sale. They weigh 8kg each for 15's. Is this a decent kinda weight for a 15??? thanks a lot guys and gals :D

G

GTiRich

which ones u got jimmy??? These Enkeis are very cheap, brand new though. Seems too good to turn down lol

Mr GTiR

nar i'm looking into 17's that weight 4.5kg to 5.5kg each.

for a decent 15" light weight alloys it should weight about 4.5kg.

G

GTiRich

Thats wat i was afraid of. I was gonna get a set of Konig flights which were pretty light then i was offered this set of Enkeis for £175 so i'm a lil bit torn as to wat to do. Theres no way on earth i'm gonna go back to 17"s.

Mr GTiR

I want to go down to 16" but don't know if they will fit over my brakes. I've been offered some 17" Compomotive MO's in white which is what i really want but have also been looking at 17" lightweight wheels. Don;'t know what to do :(

G

GTiRich

I wouldnt say got to 17"s. When i had them on mine the ride was gash. The handling was gash. The acceleration was gash. Everything about the car seemed to go downhill. I had them on my car for about a month and went back to the standard 14" wheels. so much better. Go for the 16"s

Mr GTiR

When i got my car it had 16" and when i swapped to 17" it actually felt better :shock:

Also, had a set of 18" at one stage but they were for a show :D

I'm really want the 17" MO's but want the 16" for handling and acceleration. Hum, decisions decisions decisions :?

G

GTiRich

This car aint for show. So hopefuly u answered ure own question there lol. U no wat to do :wink:

M

memski

Mr GTiR said:
nar i'm looking into 17's that weight 4.5kg to 5.5kg each.
Which wheels would these be? My 16x7 TE37s weigh around 5kg each.

Mr GTiR

Memski, it's a wheel which has not been released in the UK yet but i hope to be the first in the UK to have a set. My mate owns a alloy wheel company and has just come back froma massive show for dealers in Germany.

Hopefull i'll have some more news soon.

Might even do a group buy.............. 8)

stugtir

G

GTiRich

Anyway after the hijacking of my post :lol: :lol: :lol: Do ya think it's worth payin £175 for a set of enkei 15"s even tho they weigh 8kg each??

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
stugtir said:
ive been looking at the enkei RPF1's in a sixteen inch and they weigh in at 9.2 lb's im not sure wot that is in kg's but seems quite light!
Where did you get that figure from as it's 2lbs lighter than the VolkTE37s, and they seem to be the lightest I've seen so far. :shock:

M

memski

TE37's aren't the lightest wheel, I know of atleast 2 others that weigh a little less, but afaik the rays are quite a strong wheel which was a major selling point for me.

Mr Gtir - sounds good, keep us updated 8)