Cutting out in 4th/5th-anyone fixed yet?

Davey

After a little blast today, i remembered, i still have this problem :x
I know a lot of you have also had this, but nobody has said if they've fixed it yet?

Its starting to get a bit annoying now :cry:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Mine disappears when the speedo works, so I imagine it's the engine speed limiter working. :(

Do you have a delimiter? I have the same problem and have discovered mine isn't delimited, just that the standard limiter is wildy inaccurate - 125 ish

Davey

ye, its delimited, it cuts out at about 105 in 4th, and 125 in 5th(6300rpm), cant see it being speedo related, cos it does it at 2 different speeds (didnt notice if its the same revs though).
It did it when i first got the car as well, before it had a delimiter on it

A

Anonymous

dave, my car was cutting out just coming slowly off a roundabout recently. i think this was fixed by just changing the fuel filter. at £12 it might be worth a go :?

LJ

Also have this problem, does it in third also. Seems to be about 6.5k.
Come on someone must have solved it?

E

Edd

I'll wait for allen to post, but if its the same problem allen has (ashills) then he changed his complete speedo pod for a spare one of mine and it cured the problem, so don't think he found out what the problem was, so might be worth borrwoing someons complete speedo/rev pod and swapping it over and seeing if it still does it

A

alfyboy

i had a similer problem with mine. It turned to be a bad contact and loose wire on the speedo senser. Repaired the wire and blasted the plug with contact cleaner and it been fine ever since :D :D
Maybe worth a try mate

Davey

I changed my clocks over when I fitted the speed de-limiter, but it seems to be a common problem, so I guess both sets could have been knackered :cry: