custom prop shafts

STU666V

i would have to check the bolt pattern and more then likely make aluminum plates like in the picturethe length is*1850*Millimetre(s) =*72.8346456693*Inch(s)*i make a 3.25 diameter carbon shaft (thats the size i believe you showed me on the carbon 2 piece) for the**new SR*, we can go 72" with no problem with a high Modulus tube and can spind 8000rpm. one picture would be what*the shaft looks like (th CV is 108mm in diameter so you would have to tell me if that will clear, the diff usually has more room)the 2nd picture is one of a car with a 72" single carbon shaft.*

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Measure it then, I suspect they used 2 piece originally as the gtir drive train is just a shortened bluebird set up.

STU666V

is this a independent rear or solid, the shafts you showed me only had a slider on one end. i have been doing this*for over 35 years. if you want to work with me i would glad to. all you need to do is give me the same dimension**you did on length with the suspension compressed, ride height and extended.* there is not allot (maybe 1%) of vehicles*that move the suspension so much that 1" would not be enough. we could also just put a CV on each end. the benefit*of the single shaft would be very noticeable. if it has to be a 2 piece i can do it also but normally its one done if critical speed*cant be covered.*

red reading

Have no fear him is here....lol (captain chaos "cannonball run" the film)

1 piece prop with two cv should be ok as long as engine and subframe use solid mounts thinking about it, also as long as the prop is not offset in the centre bearing area to clear some thing...I.e is the prop on a kink?

STU666V

3-4 weeks delivery once I have confirmed if its a one piece or 2.

If flanges require machining etc.

Gtr prop...

STU666V

Yes. They are on 3-4 week delivery.

Got quotes for a single prop.

Not sure to go for that or a 2 piece or just replace the standard parts with 2 parts.

He has 100s of flanges in stock but not the gtir one. He can make them no problem.

Its not high on my list so not chasing it up yet. But can get them no problem.

Its like everything else. No one wants to spend money on their cars so just doing my own thing for most of the parts.

If my parts dont work? Find out why it didn't work and make a better one ;-)

STU666V

Am also getting a new subframe and front end made so need to check its still the same length of the standard one.

He was going to put a sliding joint on one end with 1" travel but can put one one each end if needed.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Yes. They are on 3-4 week delivery.

Got quotes for a single prop.

Not sure to go for that or a 2 piece or just replace the standard parts with 2 parts.

He has 100s of flanges in stock but not the gtir one. He can make them no problem.

Its not high on my list so not chasing it up yet. But can get them no problem.

Its like everything else. No one wants to spend money on their cars so just doing my own thing for most of the parts.

If my parts dont work? Find out why it didn't work and make a better one ;-)
Best way mate, keep your head down and work out what you need to do for your car.

I was just wonder what sort of ball park figure you got them down to. Its looking very unlikely that I would be looking for a direct fit GTiR item any way.