cusco 4 point lower brace and mongoose???

C

Crazy

Managed to get hold of a Whiteline Lower Brace in the end 8)

Just about clears my Mongoose which is 8) and has not yet grounded out on the fllor so I am well pleased :wink:

And it has definatley inproved the handling :twisted:

Dooie Pop Pop

worse thing i ever did taking the 4 point off :( iv the v1 cusco sitting in my garage, as soon as my poly engine mounts are in its going back on 8)

nismoboy

Is there any chance of getting either the cusco or whiteline lower brace to fit with the janspeed 3 inch front pipe :?:

Dooie Pop Pop

nismoboy said:
Is there any chance of getting either the cusco or whiteline lower brace to fit with the janspeed 3 inch front pipe :?:
give me a couple of weeks and i' ll let you know :wink: should still fit as it' ll only be a 1/4 inch nearer. might be a bit tight :lol:

Mr GTiR

Here's a pic of my 3" front pipe and Cusco 2 point lower brace

The brace had to be boxed sectioned (cheers to Coxie for sorting that out :wink: ) for it to clear.

C

Crazy

WHITELINE LOWER STRUT BRACE OWNERS!!!

Did any of the Whiteline Lower strut Brace Owners receive any washers or any type of fitting kit with their brace as I have just got my car back from having a new Helix 8) clutch fitted but have been told that all the mounting points on my Lower brace are bent :shock: :?

Thought the Braces were just fit and go :?: :?: :?:

And my Mongoose sometimes rattles on it too :evil:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I don't think I got any fitting kit with my whiteline. It's grounded out a few times, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's bent too. :?

Shaun

:D Hi Fast Guy,after looking at Crazy's brace today,its not so much the 'grounding out' thats caused the problem,it's the way it has been fitted i.e.the bolts have been put straight into the brace with no washers so have cut into it :shock: Also on the chassis where the lower arms are located and the brace fits,is a strengthening plate that the bolthead would normally clear but the brace hits :shock: so needs to be packed to stop it bending when the bolt is tightend and its not been packed :shock: resulting in the brace mounts bending :shock:

sorted :wink:

C

Crazy

What that bloke Martyn told me was right Shaun mate as I have just had this response from White-Line

KSB712 is supplied with 4 washers. They are to be fitted on the front mounting point, 1 inside the brace cup, and 1 between the brace and the chassis.
The washer size is;
i.d.= 9/16 inch, o.d.= 1-1/18 inch
Now I just hope that I have not bent the mounting points beyond repair :oops: