Croft 25/26th June

Dan_GTiR

Hi Fella's :)

Just to let you know, my mechanic is racing his Pulsar at Croft on 25th and 26th June.

Quick spec of his car:

Full HKS 2.2 rebuild, HKS cams, some mad turbo that he wouldn't tell me the spec of, 3" turbo back exhaust, ported and gas flowed head, Motec ECU, Jan Becker gearbox, carbon propshaft, Cusco rollcage just to name a few things. Power is 385BHP @ 1.2 bar and he's told me it's capable of about 500 bhp

He races up against some BIG powered EsCos and a Porsche 944 Turbo, so if you want to see what the car was made to do get yourself there :D

Dan. :)

M

madMATT

croft

hello there could you tell me more about the gearbox his running
i.e gear ratio seq etc? how much

cheers mate

Tony

Its a 5 speed dog box! it has a different final drive as the rally spec saw him hitting the limiter in 5th at about 130max! can you say £5000!!

I`m deffo going to support!

Tony....

Dan_GTiR

Tony said:
I'll deffo be there, and I also think Jeff is coming as well mate. Also trying to get a few other lads together and make a good day out of it :D

Dan. :)

Tony

Those planning to go down early will have a long wait as he is not racing till about 5-5:30 (last race)

Tony.... :wink:

J

jiw

WOW theirs my wheels :lol:

Darlington is the closest town, dont think Dan is going from what he said today, i might attend but depending on how good my mates are feeling after tonight :twisted:

J

jiw

Did anyone go to this?

I ended up at the VW festival at Harewood Hall all day :oops:

Got tanked up though so it was bareable.....just :lol:

Tony

Yeah i went bud! he was 3rd on the grid due to his oe oil cooler snapping off, so he traveled home and repaired it and traveled back on sunday morning!

He got a wicked start and moved up to 2nd BUT he used mild steel nuts to put his manifold on and low an behold they rattled off when they got hot resulting in nearly no boost! still came second tho! to a bastid cossie :evil:

Tony....

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Tony said:
Its a 5 speed dog box! it has a different final drive as the rally spec saw him hitting the limiter in 5th at about 130max! can you say £5000!!

Tony....
my old R had a very strange box - almost like the st185 rally box, it had 1-4 close ratio'd and the fifth gear was very long, i'd change at 75mph hitting 6000rpm in 4th to 2500 rpm in fifth, if you didnt change at the right time it would just bog down :? all the r's ive had have had different gearboxes. i meant to ask peeps on here at the time but i forgot. its now owned by kevin.g on here